Monday, January 14, 2013

Some "firsts"

I am the typical first time mom that tracks all of Cooper's "firsts" and gets super excited about them!  One big one I already shared was his first smile and he really hasn't stopped smiling since!  I just love that huge open mouth grin....gets me every time.  Then around 11 weeks, Cooper rolled over for the first time!  Justin and I were both there and it came as a shock as we weren't really expecting it. We try to have tummy time everyday, but sometimes he's just not interested and puts his head down like he's saying "pick me up, now!"  But other times he lifts his head up super high and can stay on his tummy for awhile.  I remember saying to Justin that night that I wanted to see if he would roll over.  So I put him on his tummy an within 30 seconds, he rolled over!  It was so cute, I got a picture right afterwards


 Justin and I reacted like crazy first time parents.  We were so excited that he rolled over as it was a little shocking at how fast he did it!  Of course I tried to get it on video again but he wouldn't roll over again that night!  He's rolled over a lot since then, but he won't do it every time.  He gets to his side and likes to lay there for awhile.  He has also rolled from his back to his stomach but he's only done that once.

Cooper also got to meet some more of his relatives last weekend.  We celebrated Justin's cousin as she had a baby shower...Cooper is so excited to meet his second cousin soon!  They will be good buddies!  Cooper did well at the shower and only started to fuss when he was hungry.  He didn't take a nap but was still content. He has lots of smiles to go around


He got to meet some of his great uncles and cousins.  Here he is with his great uncle Robert


And here we are with the expectant couple, Jason, Anais and baby Joshua coming soon!


Family picture!!


Another first was Cooper is the only boy that has been allowed to join our small group!  Sadly it will be our last small group with all 4 of us for awhile since Katherine moved overseas...I'm thankful for these ladies!


His last first was that he went to the church nursery for the first time!  Justin and I are starting to visit churches in our area and so far he has done great in the nursery.  I always think they will have to page me, but they said he did great and that he is just "precious".  It always makes Mommy feel better to hear that.

Like everyone said...he is definitely growing up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment