Wednesday, January 15, 2014

15 Months Old!

My sweet boy is now 15 months old!  I didn't get a chance to update 14 months partly because I just didn't have time and partly because it's a month that I would rather forget...just kidding...kinda...but not really.  Anyway, 14 months was a little rough for us.  After Cooper not getting a fever or really sick the 1st year of his life, he came down with 2 very high fevers, one being an ear infection and the other being a virus.  He also had some type of stomach virus and threw up a ton for the first time, and then he started choking and throwing up everything he ate, which led to him not wanting to eat anything.  It was rough, but he seems to be eating better, even though he is now extremely picky.


We went to the Doctor yesterday for his 15 month check up.  His weighs 23.6 pounds (58%ile), Height 30" (13%ile) and his head is 19.25" (93%ile).  That's right folks, we may have a little shorty on our hands.  It surprises me since neither Justin nor I are short, but hey, he is the cutest little shorty you have ever seen....and of course there is plenty of time for a big growth spurt!


Drinking: Cooper absolutely LOVES his milk.  Almost too much actually, hence his cute belly.  I'm so glad the transition to whole has been easy, but the transition to drinking from a sippy cup has still been a nightmare.  The doctor told me that he needs to be on the sippy cup now and no more bottles!  I'm dreading this since he pretty much throws a fit when he even sees the sippy cup because he gets so frustrated.  All he wants is his bottle and he can be very stubborn sometimes.  I'm pretty sure he knows how to drink from the sippy cup, but he just doesn't want to.  I think I may go straight to the straw cup since that doesn't make him as mad, but he just needs to learn how to drink from the straw.  I know he will get it eventually but I am dreading not giving him his beloved bottle.

Napping on Granna on Christmas Day

Eating:  As I said before, this has been a very rough month with Cooper eating.  I think he went through a phase where he wasn't chewing well and he would cough and gag and then throw up his food.  It happened quite frequently to the point where he didn't want to eat anything but baby food or yogurt.  He is thankfully past that and is now eating better but he is definitely more picky than he was before all that.   Sometimes meal time can be the most difficult part of our day, when before it was so easy.  Just like everything else, I know it's just a rough phase and will pass in time.


Sleeping:  Along with the 14 month curse came my perfect sleeper not wanting to sleep anymore.  I think him getting sick and traveling so much changed his sleeping habits and it has been a rough transition.  I would normally put him down to bed at 7:30 and he would sleep until 8am (I know, it's amazing) and he would take 2 pretty good naps a day.  Then after the craziness of the past month, he started waking up at 6-6:30.  This was rough on us since we are night owls.  He also wouldn't nap longer than 45 minutes!  I didn't know what was going on, but I really couldn't get anything done while losing sleep in the process.  I am happy to say that this week he is finally doing much better with sleeping.  Today he slept until almost 8 again and he took a 3 hour nap yesterday!  I'm so hoping this is here to stay...which again was just a rough phase he went through.


Milestones:  Well folks, we finally have a walker!!!  Yippee!  He has been pulling up and standing on his own for awhile and then he finally took his first steps right when he turned 14 months.  The first few weeks after he took steps, he would only take about 6 steps at a time before he fell down and would crawl.  Now he is walking everywhere and barely crawls anymore.  I'm finally able to take him outside and to the park which is so much fun!  Everyone told me that once they start walking, it gets so much harder...but I'm LOVING it.  I think it is the cutest phase in the world when they first start walking.  Since he has been crawling for so long, I barely recognize him when he comes walking in the room.  It's just adorable!  It also is so fun to see how everyday he gets better and better at walking.  The doctor also told me he has 6 teeth coming in.  They always come in at once!  It's crazy how many teeth he has.


Likes:  The Dog!  He loves the dog so much, a little too much at times.  He follows her around everywhere, sits on her, crawls over her and pets her and laughs non stop when she is around.  He is a little obsessed.  He also loves:  books, his daddy, yogurt, cheese, his bottle, car rides, walks, bath time and swinging at the park.



Dislikes:  Being dropped off somewhere (gym or church nursery), walking with shoes on (working on that one), trying new foods, sippy cup


Though the past month was rough, I sure do love being his Mommy.  He is such a blessing and is getting more and more fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love keeping up with Cooper's stages. You do a wonderful job Tracy and I'm sure your blog must be a blessing for young mothers. Knowing you are not alone with the challenges of motherhood is so wonderful. Mary

    ReplyDelete