Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekend Fun

Cooper had a busy and fun weekend!  It started with our college friends coming into Houston for a visit.  I can't believe it's been 10 years since we've graduated from college.  I'm so thankful for their friendship over the years!  All 4 families were able to get together Friday for dinner and the kids were able to play together.  The Dubecks added another baby to the mix so that totals 8 kiddos!

Kids taking turns pushing and pulling each other in the wagon



Big kids getting a cool thumbs up


They were all very cute playing together.  Too bad I didn't get any pictures of the other kiddos…or the adults!  Cooper had fun even if he was a bit cranky and tired that evening.

Then Saturday Justin had the day off and we had a fun family day.  We first went to brunch at our favorite play close to our house.


We then went to the park to play.  Cooper is getting so much more independent and can go down all the slides by himself.  We are still working on him going up and down stairs by himself.  He seems to have no fear so I have to watch him.  He also just loves walking around everywhere and exploring.

Playing with a new toy


Justin had to work on Sunday so after church and Cooper's nap we went to my parents house to hang out.  He knows exactly where he is when he goes to my parents and goes to his usual "spots" to play and explore.  My dad plays with him a lot and they have become best buds.  My dad had to leave to go to a meeting and when he left Cooper followed him to the door and cried.  It was so sweet.  I'm thankful for my parents who are such good grandparents!  It's also nice to have a break at times when you're a SAHM :)



Then Sunday evening something crazy happen.  I'm talking epic.  For those who read my blog or know me, you know how big this actually is.  Here is a picture


That's right folks, Cooper finally drank out of a sippy cup.  I'm talking really drank out of it, not just a sip here and there.  And wouldn't you know, it's the cheapest cup out there!  I've tried at least 12 different types of cups and he wouldn't take any of them.  He's been off bottles for a month now and still wouldn't drink from a sippy cup or straw cup until now.  Then it happened again the next morning…


Hallelujah!  He still doesn't take it ALL the time, but this is progress for sure. For example, this morning when I put it on his tray, he got very upset and didn't even want it on his tray.  Then after he finished eating I offered it to him again and he took it.  He is an interesting boy, I tell ya.  He also drank out of a straw today for the first time!  What is going on here?!?!  You know,  some people told me that their child didn't drink from a sippy cup until they were 18 months old and not to worry about it and I wish I would have listened.  I really did stress over this a lot and I should have just chilled out a little.  I'm glad I did get him off bottles though.  So here's to hoping he will keep this up and not refuse to drink out of it again, but we are on day 3 now and things are still looking good.

Overall, I would say this was a pretty good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news!!! It's so hard not to worry when you are a parent . . . Mr. Cooper has his own timing and that will continue throughout his lifetime. God is so wonderful that He made us each so unique and special!

    ReplyDelete