Wednesday, August 6, 2014

20 Weeks and a Name!

I am officially over halfway through this pregnancy!  Woohoo!  Yesterday, we had our 20 week big ultrasound where they look at all the anatomy of the baby and make sure everything is developing.  I always get nervous for this ultrasound, since I have heard many complications that are found during this ultrasound.  My mom came over to watch Cooper so Justin and I could go together and enjoy the day.  I'm so thankful that the ultrasound went so well!  She confirmed that the baby is definitely a GIRL!  It was fun to see the girl parts since we looked away last time to keep it a surprise until later.  Baby girl was growing and healthy, Praise the Lord.  She was also measuring a few days ahead which I was happy about…much better than measuring behind!  She was moving around a lot, but the ultrasound tech said she's not as active as some babies can be.  I'm not sure why I seem to have non active babies in the womb because Cooper was also super chilled and not active in the womb.  My placenta is also on top, which is also cushioning her kicks more.  But she was just so precious and it's amazing to see her!

We also chose a name for our sweet girl….


Meet Callie Grace!  We chose the name Callie mainly because we think it's a very pretty name and it's not super common.  It's also really cute with Cooper.  I originally did not want to choose a C name because I didn't want to be stuck with having to name our kids with a C if the Lord gave us more children.  But I don't think I have to continue on the C name, unless we just love another name with a C.  I don't think there needs to be any "rules' with naming your children and you should name them what you want! So we loved Callie and now I love how it sounds with Cooper :)

Her middle name is Grace which we love that name.  We like to choose family names for middle names. Cooper's middle name is James which is Justin's middle name, his dad's name, and also my grandfather's name on my mom's side.  We had his middle named picked out way before his first name.  :)  My grandmother's middle name on my dad's side is Grace.  She passed away unexpectedly when I was 2 years old, so I never got to really know her.  I think it is special to honor her in our daughter's name since I know my dad was very close to her.  

Grace of course has also a beautiful meaning in scripture.  Grace means the love and mercy given to us by God because God desires us to have it, not because of anything we have done to earn it.  It is by GRACE we have been saved through Faith (Ephesians 2:8).  I'm so thankful for the graciousness of our Lord and pray that Callie will hold this verse dear to her heart.  This is how we chose the name Callie Grace.  


I really have no complaints about this pregnancy so far.  I'm feeling great, as I did with Cooper.  I have always loved being pregnant and I'm thankful that I've had an easy pregnancy so far.  I do have crazy, outrageous dreams every night.  I wake up and feel like I just went on some crazy adventure!  My dreams are so vivid that I remember every detail when I wake up, when I usually don't.  I have also been very emotional this pregnancy, more so than I was with Cooper.  I guess that's the difference with having a girl!  My only big complaint is that I do get headaches often which I had them with Cooper too.  I try to drink a ton of water everyday, but I still get them a few times a week.  Other than that, I'm feeling great and am so thankful for this precious girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment