Wednesday, October 22, 2014

3rd Trimester Baby #2

I have been such a bad blogger this pregnancy!  I have loved looking back at my blog posts when I was pregnant with Cooper and remembering everything.  2nd child syndrome is already in affect…poor Callie!  I just read about the start of my 3rd trimester with Cooper here and it motivated me to blog about my 3rd trimester with Callie.  I actually started writing this post a few weeks ago but never finished…geez again poor Callie!  I am now over 31 weeks pregnant and everything has been going great so far, Praise the Lord.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and had my 32 week ultrasound a few days early.  It was so sweet to see her again and how big she is now.  Everything looked perfect on the ultrasound and I am so thankful.  She is in the 76th%ile and is measuring about a week ahead which is great.  Cooper was also measuring ahead but he still only weighed 7lb, 7oz over 40 weeks, so he ended up not being as big as I thought he would be.  I am really hoping Callie will come a week early so she won't have a Christmas birthday, but of course only the Lord knows her birthday and what day she will be born.  Here are some sweet new pics of her:


At the end of the ultrasound, she let me see her in 4D which was pretty amazing.  The placenta was right in her face and she tried to get Callie to move around to get a better shot of her face but this was the best she could do.  I still can't believe there is this precious life inside me…it amazes me.  



  Here are some random things going on in this 3rd trimester:


  • I am still feeling great for the most part!  This pregnancy has actually been easier than Cooper's so far.  I think being a SAHM being pregnant is actually a little easier than when I was working being pregnant.  When I was working, I was on my feet a ton and remember my feet killing me at the end of the day.  I was in my 3rd trimester at the end of the summer with Cooper and was constantly hot especially when I was outside a lot with my job in the summer.   I'm looking forward to being the end of my pregnancy with some cool weather (if it ever comes and stays).  So all in all, so far this pregnancy has been going very smoothly and I am very thankful for that!  
  • My biggest complaint this pregnancy so far is my crazy hormones and how emotional I have been.  I feel like my emotions are out of control and all over the place and it can be frustrating.  I'm usually not this emotional and I don't remember it being this bad with Cooper. I blame it on being a girl :)  I almost feel like I need to make a  PSA to everyone and apologize ahead of time if I make them uncomfortable for crying for no reason.  I'm ready to feel like myself again in regards to these crazy hormones.  
  • My goal this pregnancy was to gain no more than 25 pounds since I gained too much with Cooper and not sure how that happened.  I have continued to work out and tried to watch what I eat during the week (and splurge on the weekends) and I am happy to say that so far I'm doing great with that.  I may go a little over the 25 pounds since you usually gain a lot the 3rd trimester, but it still shouldn't be too more than that.  Here's to hoping I can do better at getting this baby weight off and then focus on Cooper's baby weight….wishful thinking I'm sure :)
  • I'm slowly but surely getting the nursery prepared.  At first I wasn't sure if I would move Cooper up to a big boy bed in a new room or create a new nursery for Callie.  But since she is a girl and I wanted to decorate a nursery for her, and the fact that I'm not ready for Cooper to move out of his crib yet (and his crib turns into a toddler bed), we decided to use the guest room for the nursery.  We have already cleaned out the guest room and have it painted, the crib and dresser are ordered, and then I just need to get other things for the wall and a bookcase.  It feels like I have a ton of time, but these next 2 months are going to fly by and I would love to get it done by the beginning of December.  
  • Callie is moving so much more than Cooper did!  If anyone remembered my pregnancy with Cooper, he constantly had me and my doctor worried because he just didn't move a lot.  I could go days without feeling him move and had to go to the hospital a few times to make sure everything was okay and count his movements.  Even when I had ultrasounds of Cooper, he was always super chilled and didn't move much.  It fits his personality being a cautious and shy kid.  Thankfully I feel Callie move everyday and it has been such a relief to not have that to worry about.  I'm wondering if she will be my adventurous/outgoing child.  We will see :)  
  • I'm starting to feel the small uncomfortableness that hits 3rd trimester.  Bending over, tying my shoes, shaving, getting winded easily…all those fun things!  And forget about trying to paint my own toe nails…good excuse to get a needed pedicure :)  
  • I'm getting nervous and excited about having a newborn again.  Excited of course to have a girl and a baby but really nervous about how I'm going to handle 2 kiddos.  Cooper was a very difficult newborn and had bad relux and my milk didn't come in strong so I was having a lot of nursing issues.  I'm sure caring for a newborn will come back to me but what in the world do I do with Cooper while I'm nursing for 45 minutes or trying to soothe a screaming baby?  I am kind of feeling bad for him already but I know he will adapt.  And as I tell myself, everyone gets through going from 1 to 2 kids, and so will I :)  
Exactly 2 months from today is my due date.   I really can't believe how fast it has gone by!  We can't wait to meet you Callie Grace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment