Sunday, December 17, 2017

Happy 3rd Birthday Callie

My Dearest Callie,

Happy 3rd Birthday baby girl!  What a celebration you are having right now in heaven.  I picture you dancing and twirling at the feet of Jesus.  What a sweet picture that is.  Today we will celebrate you.  We celebrate the life God wonderfully created.  We celebrate the 18 amazing months we had you in this world.  We celebrate the wonderful opportunity it was to be your mom, dad, and brother.  We celebrate that you are with Jesus and we celebrate that as believers, we will see you again.  Your life is worth celebrating.  Your life had such purpose.  Your life will always have purpose.  I pray that your short life continues to have an eternal impact around those around us.  Your life and death is meaningful and we will continue to celebrate you.




Though we have such faith in our Sovereign God and his perfect plan, our heart ache for our loss of you.  And it's okay that our hearts ache.  Grieving doesn't mean we aren't trusting the Lord. We grieve because of our deep love for you.  We grieve but with hope knowing and trusting the Lord.  And so today we will celebrate your life, but we will also grieve our loss.  I am so sad you are not here with us to celebrate your 3rd birthday.  I'm sad I can't throw a real party for you and your little friends.  I am sad that I don't know what type of party you would have wanted to have.  I don't know what your favorite things are anymore. I don't know your favorite show or your favorite toy.  I don't know what your voice would sound like now. What would your personality be like now?  I'm sure you would still be independent and easy going, but I wonder what other personality traits have changed? And maybe worst of all, I don't know what you would look like now.  Your hair was so pretty, I wonder how long it wold be now?  You had the chubbiest cheeks that were just thinning out a little and I wonder what those cheeks would look like now.  I'm guessing your beautiful eyes would still be the prettiest hazel color.  I know I"m your Mama, but you were absolutely beautiful and my heart aches not being able to watch you grow up.





I'm thankful to be your Momma.  You brought SO much joy to our family.  You and Cooper had the best brother/sister relationship I have ever seen.  We miss you everyday.  I wish you were with us on every family event we do.  There is a part of us missing and always will be.  I wish we didn't have to spend Christmas without you.  I wish we could have seen you be a big sister.  You would have adored baby Nolan and would have been so cute to see as a big sister.





 On my worst day, life really doesn't seem fair sometimes.  Everyone else around me gets to watch their daughters grow up and have all their kids with them, while I don't.  But on my best day, I know and believe that God is doing something beyond what we could ever imagine with your life and death.  He is good and He has been so near to us.  I have to trust the Lord than most people do.  Trust in something I can't see now nor will see in my lifetime.  Trust Him with something so tender and precious to me.  Trust Him that He is doing something, that He is working, He is moving, and there is great purpose in not having you with us.  Trust that JOY is coming, we will be reunited again!  This life is so short compared to eternity and the joy that awaits us.  I wish you were here with us to celebrate your 3rd birthday, but today I say, "You give and You take away, blessed be your name." Thy will be done...




Happy 3rd birthday to my beautiful angel Callie Grace.  There is no other word that makes me smile more than to hear your name.  We celebrate you today and your life.  We love you, we miss you, and you are not forgotten.  I hope we make you proud.

With Love,
Your Momma







No comments:

Post a Comment