Sunday, October 2, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

October 2, 2010 We said I Do


We did it!  We made it through our 1st year of marriage!



I really can't believe Justin and I have been married a year already.  It feels like just yesterday we were busily planning our wedding.  Of course the days seem to crawl by so slowly when we were engaged, but after we got married, it just flew by.  I still remember our wedding day so vividly as it was not only the best day of my life but also the most fun I have ever had!  I had a blast at our wedding and am just so thankful for a special day to look back on.



Everyone says the first year is the hardest and in some ways it was...and in other ways it seemed so natural. Though it was hard at times, I am more madly in love with Justin than I was a year ago and I am just so thankful the Lord brought us together!




Justin and I have been through a lot during our first year and have already made many special memories together.  We have gone through good times and hard times but are definitely closer through it all. Here are some of the big moments of year one:
  • Moving into our first place together!
  • First vacation together-our amazing honeymoon
  • First Thanksgiving and Christmas together
  • Made some big decisions together
  • Justin applied and was accepted into grad school
  • Joined a newlywed class at church
  • Visited Justin's grandparents in McAllen
  • Went on a road trip to San Antonio and Fredricksburg
  • Went on our first mission trip together
  • Found out we were pregnant
  • Grieved the loss of our first baby
  • Justin starting grad school
  • Joined our first fantasy football team
  • Stayed at our first B&B together for our 1 year anniversary
Looking back, it's hard to believe that all of that happened during our first year.  We may not be the best example of "taking a year off" during your first year of marriage, but we know this was all apart of God's plan for us and we have grown so much closer through it all.  I am just so thankful I am able to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.  Happy Anniversary Justin, looking forward to spending many many more years together! I'm crazy about you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment