Saturday, October 8, 2011

Celebrating our first anniversary

Yes, I know I already posted about our 1 year anniversary but since I'm such a sentimentalist I had to put some pics up.  We first had our getaway celebration 2 weeks before our actual anniversary because it was our only free weekend we had to do it.  I love Bed and Breakfasts and Justin and I had never been to one together before.  I researched lots of them in the Hill country and found one I thought we both would like.  Since Justin is working so hard with grad school on top of working a very stressful job, we just wanted to get away and relax and not have anything planned.  We spent 2 nights in the Bed & Breakfast in Canyon Lake.  Our big, cozy room had a balcony overlooking the lake that was beautiful. 





There was also deer everywhere that we could feed at anytime. 



We went to lots of amazing restaurants that the B&B recommended and visited a winery which was also a fun experience.  We walked around a lot and just enjoyed quality time together and being outdoors.  It was relaxing, romantic, fun and a great way to celebrate our 1st anniversary together.



Then on our actually anniversary, October 2nd, we went to a very romantic restaurant called Michelangelo's here in Houston. 





We then went to the Omni hotel where my family and bridesmaids stayed the night before our wedding and where Justin and I stayed on our wedding night.  They gave us a free room to use on our anniversary which was awesome!  The service there is amazing and they had chocolate covered strawberries there waiting for us.  And of course we also had our cake topper that my mom froze for us to eat on our 1 year anniversary.  Though Justin may have been skeptical...it definitely tasted just as good.  I forgot how good that cake was! 


We also walked around outside since the grounds is so beautiful there.  We went back to the bench where we prayed together the night before our wedding when he dropped me off after our rehearsal dinner.  Oh memories!!



I'm so thankful for a wonderful hubby and a great first year together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment