Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

It's hard to believe that Christmas has already come and gone!  Every year there is a huge build up and then it goes by so fast.  We spent this Christmas with my side of the family since we were in Austin with Justin's family last Christmas.  We had a great time! 


We had a yummy Mexican theme Christmas Eve dinner, played some cards, and opened up some gifts! 


Then on Christmas Day, my nephew came over and we opened up more gifts with him and had a wonderful Christmas lunch that my mom made.

Peyton loved his helicopter that his daddy gave him!


Peyton helping Uncle Justin open his gift

Justin and I gave Peyton one of those Hallmark recordable books, where you can record your voice reading the book to him.  We included a few personal things in there so it was hilarious recording it, what seemed like 100 times because we kept messing up.  I think we had more fun recording the book than Peyton did listening to it...he will appreciate it one day!  But how can a book compete with a remote control helicopter anyway?  :)  


The boys playing with the toys!

If you know Justin, you know he is a die hard Aggie and has been pretty consumed this season with the Aggies going to the SEC and the Aggies hiring a new coach.  He stayed on top of the sports media when rumors were starting with who the Aggies would hire as their new coach.  Justin thought about it so much, that he even had a dream that A&M made HIM the new head football coach...say what?!?!  I told him that this is definitely a sign that he has been thinking about this just a little too much.  Of course days later they hired Sumlin, who Justin was pleased with...thank goodness!  So here is a gift from my parents as a little joke to Justin:

A Texas A&M football visor with the words "Coach" that my mom put on there! 

Coach Cummings...has a nice ring to it...

And then we had a little Happy Birthday Jesus Party for Peyton.  Just a small way to teach Him the entire meaning of Christmas.



It was a great Christmas and I am so thankful for my husband, my family and my Savior, Jesus Christ!



No comments:

Post a Comment