Wednesday, September 26, 2012

38 weeks

I'm now 38 weeks pregnant....2 weeks to go!  Why does it still feel like so far away?  I know these 2 weeks will fly by and I still feel like I have a lot to get done.  His nursery is almost complete, I just have a few more things to hang up on the walls.  I went to the Doctor this morning and I have basically made no progress at all which was disappointing.  I'm still 1 cm dilated and it seems that my cervix hasn't changed much.  She basically told me that he probably won't come anytime soon and I will most likely go to my due date or past.  Of course, she said you never know and it's just too hard to predict.  I don't mind him going to the due date, but I really don't want him going past the due date!  She said we will talk about induction at 41 weeks, but I would love to avoid that.  I really don't want to be induced, but I know the Lord already has his birthday picked out and He is in control!  And who knows, he could come next week and surprise us all!

I am still feeling surprisingly well for the most part. I thought I would be miserable at this point, but I'm really not.  I have the usual aches and pains of pregnancy and of course I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, but I don't have too much to complain about.   I actually feel so normal some days that I can't imagine going into labor anytime soon.  I haven't had any contractions at all...at least that I know of :)

 I am definitely feeling more tired and not sleeping as well at night.  I wake up frequently and need to turn over to the other side, which is miserable.  I have to lie there and talk myself into turning over as it's so uncomfortable!  Cooper is also moving so much more..thank you Lord!  After lasts weeks scare, my mom and I have been specifically praying that Cooper would move a lot more and the Lord has definitely answered our prayers.  He has been moving and kicking a ton everyday and it's a huge blessing.

I am definitely enjoying the special treatment I'm getting from strangers.  I always get comments or asked when my due date is or how much longer I have.    People are just so nice to pregnant women.  I think I will miss that when I have a crying newborn and everyone around me is rolling their eyes at me...

I have been so sensitive and emotional lately.  I have heard so much about the "baby blues" that you get after giving birth, but what about the baby blues before??  I haven't heard much of that but that's how I feel sometimes.  I seem to tear up or cry at the smallest things and get my feelings hurt more easily.  I usually never cry watching movies or TV, but if I'm watching the Baby Story or Parenthood...forget it, I'm sobbing!  Justin and I also watched "What to expect when you're expecting" which was a super cute movie especially to watch while pregnant and I cried at so many parts.  I'm thinking, "who am I, I never cry at movies?!?!"  Just the thought of giving birth makes me tear up too! I guess the looooooong wait and thinking about that moment is very surreal!  I sure hope I don't experience too much baby blues after his birth!

We have the car seat in the car!  It's seems strange driving around with an empty car seat, but I just can't help but smile when I look at it.  Justin and I have switched cars, which is fun for me but not so much for him since my car is 12 years old!  It's still going strong (gotta love Honda's) but we will hopefully look into getting a new (used) car sometime soon.

Well, that's all for now at 38 weeks...it is so strange having no idea when we will finally get to meet this little miracle, but I know it's so soon!  I just can't believe it!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy every moment. Glad all of our prayers about Cooper kicking up his heels are being answered. Also happy to hear the encouraging news concerning your mom's chemo. I continue to pray for all. Thanks for the updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he is moving a lot! Praise God! I am so excited for you that you are so close. I don't remember if I was very emotional before but I definitely had the baby blues after. Was not expecting it since I am not an emotional person. I think I cried every day for 3 weeks and then it tapered off. If you do get the blues just know that it will go away soon and things will get so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, Parenthood has been a cry-fest! Meredith and I were both crying the last two weeks! I'm praying for you! I know the Lord has Coopers entranced planned and I am sure you will do great! So glad he has been moving more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God Cooper is moving more and has assured his Momi and Daddy that this He is getting ready to make his debut!! Praise God for blessings. I pray you will be in labor in God's timing and you sleep more soundly. Love you, Justin's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there and don't get stressed about the due date. Sometimes babies go past their due date... and it's completely normal! You sound like you could be like me... I never am anything past (maybe) "barely a 1" until I am in labor. Praise God he is healthy & safely in your womb, growing and thriving, for however long he'll be there... he will eventually come out. :) At just the right time.

    God bless you and give you peace as you wait.

    ReplyDelete