Monday, October 1, 2012

A new chapter begins...

Well, as of today I am now an official stay at home wife and mom.  It's still a little hard to believe that yesterday was my last day of work.  I had 4 wonderful years of ministry at Long Point Baptist and am grateful for my time there.  Though it wasn't always easy, I have loved serving the children and working with some awesome volunteers.  I have learned so much and grown tremendously while there and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The church made my last week so special for me.  On my last Wednesday, some of the volunteers had the kids make cards for me, we took a group picture and had surprise cake for everyone!




Then, yesterday on my last day was a super special day.  We had all the kids go to the worship service during worship and they played a slide show from the past 4 years which was so fun for me and the kids to see.  They also had Justin and I come to the front and they prayed over us as we start this new chapter for our lives. I definitely could not hold back the tears at this point.  They also had a picture framed for me signed by everyone along with a box filled with cards and/or money from everyone.  We were blessed beyond words!

 I then took the kids to Children's Church where I read them a prayer/poem I wrote for them and then we did a fun activity.



As I read my prayer for the kids, I couldn't hold back the tears again!  It was an emotional day overall and it's just hard to believe this chapter is over.  I can think of so many memories, so many hard days, so many amazing days, all the kids that I had known over 4 years, and it is all very special to me.  Some of the kids didn't really understand why I was leaving.  They would ask me questions like "well, can't you just bring your baby with you?" or "you can teach us after you have the baby".  Break.my.heart.  Anyway,  it really was a great last week and I really do have to give a shout out to my rock star husband.  He gets pretty much zero credit for all that he has done for me and these kids, as he has served me in ways that no one would ever know about.  He has been there for 3 years, by my side every step of the way.  He would encourage me when I would come home frustrated, listen when I was blessed, advice me when I didn't know what to do,  and did so many behind the scene things that not many people saw.  He went to every event he could, and was a huge softy and the kids loved him.  I am so thankful for him!

And now, a new chapter begins....after working in full time ministry since graduating college, I am now doing what my dream job is.  I get to be "just" a wife and mom.  I am truly thankful that I will be able to spend all my time with my sweet boy and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Going to one income is not easy for us, but it is so worth it.  Though I am sad one chapter has closed, I am so looking forward to this new season!

Here is the prayer/poem I wrote for the kids on Sunday:


It’s hard to believe that today is my last day
Before I say goodbye, I have a lot more to say

As most of you know, I am going to be a mom
So I must take care of our son as my new job

After 4 years of being here with all of you
My heart is sad to say goodbye but it’s what I must do

The memories I have of each of you will always remain
And I pray you will grow deeper in the Lord and never stay the same

I have loved teaching you from God’s Word every week
And I pray that it is Christ alone that you will seek

We have learned many worship songs, as we sing every Sunday
He is the way, the truth, and the life is what we learned singing, “One Way”

I hope you all have learned how we are all born with sin
And that Jesus died on the cross so we can have a relationship with Him

My prayer for all of you is that you will love Jesus with all your heart
And to memorize His Word and not allow it to depart

I also pray that you will read God’s Word everyday
And study the scriptures and pray so you will know what to say

God hears our prayers and knows our every thought
So be bold in your faith and give your worries to God

Though you may face some hard times as life can get rough
I pray you will always remember that Jesus is enough

I love all of you, and you will hold a special place in my heart
I hope you will always remember the lessons that were taught

I am thankful to be your Children’s Minister, which has been a gift from above
I will miss each one of you, and pray God’s blessing in the years to come

Love, Mrs. Tracy



1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    What a blessing you have been to your young charges, and that you will undoubtedly be to the precious little life that you are carrying. Thank you for sharing your lovely experience. You have my prayers and best wishes for all that lies ahead for you and Justin, in this new and magical chapter that is just now unfolding in your life. I am thrilled for you both.

    Love,
    Maytee

    ReplyDelete