Monday, March 25, 2013

Rodeo

Last Saturday I went to the Rodeo with my 2 best friends, Karrie and Staci.  The 3 of us have been going to the Rodeo for years now and it has become a little tradition for us.  Staci now lives in New Orleans so we weren't able to go together last year (though Justin and I went) but this year, Staci came into town and we were able to go again!  What's not to love about the Houston Rodeo....cowboy boots, amazing and unique food, Bull riding, mutton bustin and of course the concert!

Here we are with our traditional corn dog on a stick.  Best corn dog around!

After the Concert




After the concert we all shared Cookie Dough on a stick.  Definitely can't get that anywhere else

Karrie started us off...

Next was Staci's turn

I finished it up...Yummy!!!
It was a good time all around but it was the longest I had ever been away from Cooper...10 hours to be exact!  I had just stopped nursing, otherwise, I don't think I would have been able to do it.  Since we don't have a babysitter right now and Justin is so busy with work and school, it was the first time I was actually able to get away to do something fun.  Though it was much needed, I definitely missed my boy!  I thought about him a lot and couldn't get his sweet little face out of my head.  But he sure did fine without me...

Daddy and Coop on a long walk at the park


So precious
Justin did great with him and it was good for them to have some bonding time together!  I'm already looking forward to next year when can actually take him and he can enjoy looking at everything.  Goodbye Houston Rodeo...see ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment