Monday, April 1, 2013

Cooper's 1st Easter


Easter weekend was a pretty jam packed weekend filled with lots of fun!  Justin was working on Good Friday so I went over to my parents house for awhile.  It was definitely good to see my mom again after being in the hospital for a while for her stem cell transplant.

Cooper playing with Grandpa

My Smiley boy!

Peyton Dying Easter Eggs


Then on Saturday, Justin and I helped helped out with an Easter party for the 4th-5th graders at Long Point Baptist, where I used to work.  It was so fun for us to spend time with the kids and volunteers again!  The kids had a blast playing and making resurrection eggs.

Sharing the Story of Easter and making their resurrection eggs

Finished product!



Cooper was so good at the party...he loved watching all the kids!


Family Picture

Then on Easter morning, we went to church at a new church Justin and I have been visiting for a few weeks now and really like.  It was so nice going to church on Easter and able to relax and enjoy the service and not have to work.  Easter is usually a super busy day when you work at a church and I really enjoyed having a break from that for sure!

On our way to church
Then after church we went to my parents house for brunch.  My mom made some delicious breakfast casseroles and french toast and mimosas!  Yummy!  My brother, nephew, Aunt, Uncle and cousin were all there too.



Watching some March Madness

Peyton's Easter Basket

Cooper with Granna and Grandpa



Cooper with Kylie


It was an enjoyable Easter as we relaxed and the guys played some basketball on the new basketball goal my brother bought in the driveway.  Hence the reason Justin changed into his basketball clothes


Cooper had such a good First Easter.  We read to him the Easter Story in the Jesus Storybook Bible.  I can't wait for next year to do more fun things with him and teach Him more what the true meaning of Easter is about.  He is Risen! Thank you Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment