Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July Weekend

We had a really fun and busy 4th of July weekend.  It started off by spending time with family and going to my Aunt and Uncle's house who live in Katy on the 4th.  We had some yummy food and they have a pool so we took Cooper swimming again.  Here are our 4th of July somewhat matching outfits


The truth is, Cooper's is the only real 4th of July outfit that I had picked out in advance.  I mean, it's like an unspoken rule that you have to put your child in something patriotic on the 4th of July.  So then I wore a shirt I recently bought that happened to be blue and white.  Then Justin had on a completely different shirt, and me being the dorky mom that I am, looked for his only navy blue shirt and asked him to wear that so we could get a cute family picture!  So that is how this picture came about :)  Thanks honey for your participation :)



The sun was a little too bright by the pool for my blue eyed boy

So then we changed in our swimsuits and tried to take Cooper in the water again.  He was not feeling it at first.  He was getting fussy so I decided to take him out.  He played for a little bit and I gave him a bottle and then we tried again to take him in the pool. This time, he loved it!  He was smiling and just happy go lucky.



After he was in his floaty for awhile and we were pushing him around, I could tell that his eyes were getting very heavy.  I told Justin that it looked like he may fall asleep.  So Justin pushed him around which was apparently relaxing, because sure enough he fell fast asleep.  It was SO cute!



And let me just say, this is NOT normal at all for my son.  I used to laugh at all the moms who would post pictures of their children falling asleep in the most random places because Cooper would never do that.  He only sleeps in his crib, or in the car while it's moving.  That's pretty much it.  He would never fall asleep on the floor or even in my arms.  I was so shocked that he fell asleep like that.  But I knew he was tired so I'm very glad he got a little nap in.


It really was a great day and he was so good!  I'm just glad he was happy enough to where we could stay most of the day.

Then on Saturday was Paul and Beth's wedding!  Justin was the best man so it was a busy weekend for him.  I didn't get to enjoy the wedding as much since I had this cute little man with me...


The church has a nursery open so we played in there for awhile.  I just love this little outfit on him...I can barely stand the cuteness!




Too bad I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom!  I didn't have the heart to ask them to pose for a another picture after all the pictures they had been taking that day.  But it was a beautiful wedding (at least I heard it was) and we are so happy for them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment