Friday, June 21, 2013

Pool Time and our New Ride

We took Cooper to our neighborhood pool last week and had so much fun!  It was Cooper's 3rd time to get in the pool, and the only time he didn't cry...success!  The first time I took him in the pool with some friends from church and their kids and he pretty much cried the whole time.  The 2nd time we took him to my parent's country club pool on Memorial day, and he hated it!  I really think it was because of all the people there and he definitely gets overwhelmed by huge crowds of people and sometimes needs time to adjust.  I love his cautious personality :)

Our neighborhood pool was the perfect place because we went early and there were only 2 other people there.  We started him off in the baby pool with his floaty to ease him into it.  


He was just checking out the floaty and didn't seem to mind it....


He got a little fussy so I gave him a toy and he was chewing on it and holding onto it for dear life!  I even tried to take the toy away from him so I could get a good picture, but he was NOT happy about that so I gave it back to him and he didn't let go of it the entire time.  He is never this clingy with a toy...


Then Justin took him into the main pool without the floaty and he did great!  I really do think it was because there were no other people around and he was more comfortable.  


But of course he would not let go of his toy...





Justin was even spinning him around and he was smiling and laughing


Then we put him back in his floaty to enjoy the rest of pool time.  He did so good!  I'm a proud Mama! 



 Happy Boy!



On another note, we bought a new car this week!  It was a loooong process of looking and searching and calling and dealing, but we got a new Honda Pilot and love it!  My 2000 Honda Accord sure treated me well...it was a good 13 years with Sheba, but it was time.  I sadly don't even have a picture with it.  I will miss that car, but not really.

We are very thankful for this much needed car!!



No comments:

Post a Comment