Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy 10 Months Coop!

My baby boy turned 10 months old on Sunday!  How can it be that he will be a one year old in 2 months.  This can't be possible.  I'm so in love with this little boy, my heart might burst!



My brother wanted to get some pictures of the cousins in their 4th of July outfits together so we got some professional pictures taken.  Let me tell you, Cooper is at a horrible age to take pictures.  He won't sit still and will try to crawl away as soon as you set him down.  We didn't get any cute ones of them together but there were a few cute ones of Cooper.  These are much better to use as his 10 month pictures as I could NOT get a good picture of him.  I really need to take a photography class...though I'm not sure how much that would help with this little mover.  He just won't sit still!   So please excuse the horrible 10 month pictures below.  I even tried it on different days...hence the reason for the different colored onesies :) (and the reason why he is holding his rubber ducky)


Sleeping:  Cooper is the perfect little sleeper.  I'm spoiled rotten.  He has officially dropped his third nap (only took 9 months) and so he is going to bed at 7:30 now.  He usually sleeps 12 hours and wakes up around 7:30 and sometimes 8am.  Thank you sweet boy!  He takes 2 naps a day, around 10am and 2pm.  His naps are 1-2 hours long.  I am trying to do the 2-3-4 routine, where he is awake for 2 hours before his 1st nap, then 3 hours before his 2nd nap, then 4 hours before he goes to bed.  It has worked well for us, though sometimes I will put him down earlier for his 2nd nap before the 3 hour time frame if he seems tired.  


Eating:  I still give him 4 bottles a day, but he is definitely not drinking as much formula as before, which is great.  It seems like he is self weaning himself off of his bottles.  He has 8 oz when he first wakes up and before he goes to bed, but the other 2 times he usually doesn't finish his bottle and will eat more solids and snacks.   He loves his puffs!!  He is eating solids well and we are trying new finger foods.  He still makes a very funny face every time he tries something new.  I'm trying to get him to like avocado, since mommy and daddy love it and eat it often, but he pretty much hates it right now.  


Milestones:  He is at the beginning stages of pulling up!  He will crawl up me when I'm on the floor with him and he will pull up on some furniture but it still takes him some time to do it.  He still army crawls everywhere and everyone comments about how fast he is.  I really need to enter him into a baby crawling contest.  When he has his mind on something, nothing will stand in his way!  He still has 8 teeth but is drooling a ton right now, so I'm not sure if another tooth is popping in..it sure wouldn't surprise me if so!  


Working On:  Right now I'm really working on walking and pulling up for him.  He is such a chilled baby, and so content on his stomach, that I don't think he is too interested in walking.  I'm not worried at all, but just trying to get him introduced to it.   We are also working on Signing, clapping, and saying bye bye. We will be going to Austin soon to visit Justin's mom, and also to Wimberly with some friends, so I really need to sleep train him to sleep in places other than his crib.  I am not looking forward to this...




Temperament:  I know I'm his Mama, but I think he is the sweetest baby!  He is shy around strangers and usually stares at them cautiously.  But with me and Justin, he laughs and smiles constantly.  He is just so sweet.  He seems to be warming up more to strangers because the past few times I have been in the grocery store, he is smiling and talking at everyone who even looks at him.  He loves looking around during our walks and at the grocery store.  People are so nice to you when you have a baby!  We are also going to MyGym, which is similar to Little Gym, to a Mommy and Me class once a week.  At first, he was very skeptical and was a little fussy to try new things, but this past week, he really loved it and didn't fuss one time!  I was so proud :)  He gets to do all these fun things there and we are really enjoying it together.



The past few times I have picked him up from the church or gym nursery, he would see me and squeal and crawl frantically towards me.  It melted my heart.  I just love him dearly.  I still can't believe he will be a year old soon.  With the exception of the first 2 months, he has been a pretty easy baby.  I am so blessed to be his Mommy!  




1 comment:

  1. Cooper is growing up too fast. I love this blog with the updates of his progression through the stages of babyhood and all the photos. Cooper is a happy baby because he is blessed to have a Mom that is loving, patient, and one who provides a stimulating environment for his spiritual, physical, mental and emotional well being.

    ReplyDelete