Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weekend in Austin

This past weekend we went to Austin to visit Justin's mom and Aunt.  It was Cooper's first road trip since he was 2 months old, and boy does that make a difference.  I remember driving to Austin for Christmas was extremely stressful with a 2 month old.  Especially one that had reflux and was a bit fussy.  We had to stop a few times and I had to sit in the back to hold the paci in his mouth so he would sleep.  Now, look how far we have come.  That trips seems like years ago!  Cooper did so well on the trip and we only needed to stop once each way (which we normally stop once anyway) to feed him a bottle and just get him out of the carseat for a bit.  Here we are on our way....you can see Cooper in the mirror in the back :)


We made it to Austin Thursday late afternoon and we just hung around the house and Mimi was able to spend lots of time with her grandson


I was really worried about  Cooper not sleeping in his pack and play, since he has never wanted to sleep in it before.  But, I put him to bed later that night and he cried for maybe 1 minute and then went right to sleep and slept the whole night.  Who is this kid?  I'm so thankful!  I knew he was so tired.  The last time we spent the night away and we had the pack and play, he was up every couple of hours and cried and cried.  It was awful.  He also woke up pretty happy getting a full nights sleep.


Then of Friday morning, Justin and I played tennis while Mimi and Aunt Maytee watched Cooper.  We had a lot of fun playing and it was a very close match.  I must admit, I did lose, but it was in a tie breaker, so it doesn't really count as losing, right?


Mimi tried to put Cooper down for a morning nap, but staying to his true self, he wouldn't do it.  He must have been pretty tired since he did fall asleep eventually :)


Then after we got home from tennis, we took Cooper out to the pool.  He normally likes the pool, but lets just say, he wasn't really digging it that day...


Poor baby.  Just pitiful.  This was the only time he wasn't in a good mood over the whole weekend.  I think he was just tired from not really napping the day before and was mr. cranky.  It still didn't stop his cuteness.


Nothing that some cheerios can't fix, right?  After the pool, we gave him a bath, which was even more torture for him, so I knew it was definitely time for another nap.  This was the hardest nap for him to fall asleep, but I knew he needed it so I did't give in, thankfully.  He cried it out for about 30 minutes but finally went to sleep and woke up so much happier!


We then went to the country club to eat dinner and Cooper did so well.  He was smiling at everyone, and enjoyed people watching and of course eating his cheerios.  He was a happy little guy!





That evening, Cooper was obsessed with pulling up and looking out the window.  It was so cute.  He is pulling up on everything now and can do it so much easier than he had been before.


We even saw some deer out the window!  He looks like such a big boy looking out the window...when did he grow up so fast?


Then Saturday was the first Aggie football game of the year!  You know us Aggies wouldn't dare to miss that game.  Too bad I forgot Cooper's A&M shirt to wear but we still pulled out a victory.  Cooper played and played and napped great that day, hardly crying at all when I put him down.

Cooper loved crawling over to the stack of magazines and pulling them out one by one

We then went to the pool again and Cooper did so much better.  He stayed in his floaty and enjoyed relaxing in the water.  We then we back to the house to have dinner.


After we put Cooper to bed, the 4 of us played Pictionary and had a blast.  I forgot how fun that game is....we all had some good laughs! Then, the next morning, it was time for us to go :(  We visited one of my good friends from high school on our way back to Houston.  I was able to meet her son for the first time who is just 3 months younger than Cooper.


It was fun to see them interact together.  At one point, they were having a little "conversation" with each other.


Well, that was our exciting trip to Austin.  We leave again this Friday for another weekend getaway to Wimberley with my college friends.  We are really looking forward to it!!  

Had to post one more....I just can't stand the cuteness!!  I'm obsessed with this sweet face 


2 comments:

  1. Wow Tracy. Loved the post, of course, especially since I got to relive the weekend with Cooper, you and Justin. Cooper has a smile that exudes joy to the max!!! Thank you for sharing the fun and I can't tell you enough how memorable and enjoyable your visit was for me as well as for Maytee. Love, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete