Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cooper is 11 Months Old!

My baby turned 11 months old last week!  Only one month away from having a 1 year old.  It is true what they say....the days are long, but the years are short!


I feel a little sad that he is growing up so fast.  I do love the baby phase and soon he will no longer be a baby...womp, womp.  But I am soaking up every second with this little man.


Here's what is going on with Cooper at 11 Months:

Sleeping:  Cooper is still sleeping like a champ!  His sleep schedule hasn't changed much since last month.  He goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up anywhere between 7:00-8:00.   He takes 2 naps a day that last about 1-2 hours.  The big news is that he can now officially sleep in the pack and play!  Yippee!  After spending 3 nights in Austin and another 3 nights on vacation, he is finally used to sleeping in it again.  I was even able to put him down in a pack and play during our small group on Tuesday and he went right to sleep.  I am so relieved!



Eating: Not a whole lot has changed with his eating, though he is trying new foods.  He now drinks 3 bottles a day instead of 4 and is eating more solids.  I can't believe he will be eating more of our food in a month.  I usually give him little bites of my food and he seems to like most of it.  He still doesn't like avocado, but I'll keep trying.  He also LOVES his cheerios.  He snacks on them a lot and half of them end up on the floor.  Our dog sure loves it when Cooper eats, she gets a treat!  I even caught Cooper purposely throwing his cheerios on the floor today to watch the dog eat them.  It was so cute and pretty smart, I must say!




Milestones:  He is pulling up on everything right now. It really is amazing to watch how much he changes each day.  It was just a few weeks ago where pulling up was a struggle for him and he would try so hard to get up on the couch or coffee table.  Each day I saw how he was getting better and better at it and now he is doing it with little effort at all.  I'm so thankful I'm able to stay home with him and watch how much he changes and grows.   It will be so fun to watch him learn to walk!  He has started moving around the furniture some, but I'm sure he will be cruising in no time. I am SO ready for him to walk!  I love his cute crawl, but I'm so over it now.  He has been crawling for a long time now and I'm looking forward to taking him to the park and doing other fun things with him when he can walk and run around.  I don't think he will be walking by his 1st birthday, but hopefully soon after he will.


Likes:  His favorite thing to do right now is open and close doors.  He will do everything in his power to crawl to the door and spend as much time as we will let him opening and shutting the door.  He will even hit himself in the head with the door, but it sure doesn't bother him.  He won't cry one bit because he doesn't want me to pick him up and take him away from his fun.  He also loves remote controls and playing with anything he knows he is not supposed to play with.  He also likes going for walks, the grocery store and even does really well at restaurants as he is thoroughly entertained by people watching.


Dislikes:   He pretty much HATES being changed.  This is now my biggest struggle and I just dread changing his diaper.  He will squirm with all his might and try as best as he can to flip over on his stomach and crawl away.  I give him plenty of toys to play with while I change him, but sometimes that doesn't help at all.  Besides changing his diaper or clothes, he is a pretty happy and chilled baby and smiles so much.



Less than a month until we celebrate his 1st birthday!  Can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment