Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cooper is 20 Months Old!

Today Cooper is 20 months old!  It's hard to believe that he is getting so close to being a 2 year old.  He  is so much fun and is learning new things everyday.  (I didn't take any pictures so I'm just putting up random iPhone pictures over the past month)

Playing in the mud


Cooper "talks" and babbles non stop at home.  I love when he comes up to me and is speaking in his own language and is genuinely trying to tell me something but I have no idea what he is saying.  He is more shy around other people so he won't "talk" as much unless he is more comfortable.  He seems to learn new words everyday.  His main words that he says all the time are:  mama, dada, dog, bella (belba), all done, amen, elmo, baby, bye bye, night night, and thank you.  He says a lot of other words too, but these are his main ones.  He just started saying thank you a few weeks ago and it is the cutest sound in the world.  He says it when we give him something and he will also say it when he gives us something.  When he plays outside with Bella, he will give her tennis balls (when he is feeling generous) and then he will say "thank you" to her over and over.  I think he doesn't understand why she doesn't tell him thank you for giving her the balls.  He will look at me and say "thank you, thank you" like I should do something about her not telling him thank you.  So cute.

Cooper and "belba"

Granna with her grandsons


The biggest issue we are having right now is he is an incredibly picky eater.  I really don't know how he is in the 65%ile in weight, because the kid doesn't eat.  I remember before I had kids I thought "my kid will not be a picky eater, I will make them eat everything."  hahaha never say what your kid will or will not do before having children.  It always comes back to bite you.  After he turned one and could eat regular food, he ate everything!  I was pretty proud (like I had something to do with it…) that he would pretty much eat anything we gave him.  I even said how glad I was he wasn't picky.  Then a few months later he decided he didn't like food in general.  Okay not really, but it can be frustrating when he won't even try something that I cooked.  His favorite foods right now are grapes (though he has been refusing them lately), yogurt, applesauce, smoothies, cheerios, pancakes, peanut butter, chicken, guacamole and tuna.  He also likes cheese,bananas and zucchini, but it depends on his mood because other times he will refuse to eat it.   He loves tuna and eats it everyday for lunch which is odd since I don't like it.  

Summertime by the pool

Cooper's sleeping schedule hasn't changed much.  He goes to bed around 8pm now and usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8.  He takes an afternoon nap after lunch around 12:30 or 1 and will sleep for 2-3 hours which is awesome.  Sometimes he will only sleep 1 hour but will usually make up for it the next day by napping 3 hours.  It's hard when I have plans in the afternoon and am not sure when he will wake up.  It is a nice break for me in the afternoon though.  I am thankful that Cooper has always been a great sleeper!

picking blackberries with friends!

He loved eating them more than picking them

Look at that face!

Cooper is still a very shy little guy.  I can't tell you how many times he has glared at a stranger who is trying to talk to him or make him smile and I have to tell them "He is shy and is like that to everyone" so not to offend them!  But once he gets warmed up to you, he will love you and give you the sweetest hugs ever.  At least I won't have to worry too much about stranger danger with him :-)  He also gets nervous around new environments but then can get warmed up pretty quick once he feels comfortable.

Cousin Fun

One of the sweetest things about Cooper is that he is extremely lovable and affectionate and melts my heart everyday.  He gives the best hugs and kisses and will give them to Justin and I freely without us even asking.  He also blows kisses to me before he goes to bed or if I leave for whatever reason.  And when I pick him up from the church or gym nursery, he can act like I've been gone all day as he is so happy to see us.  He of course gives daddy the best greeting ever when he comes home from work.  He is just the sweetest little boy and I am so thankful to the Lord for choosing me to be his Mommy!

Cooper "praying" for his rice crispy treat on his own


1 comment:

  1. Love this sweet angel! It is so evident in children how awesome God's creations are . . . their own unique and beautiful souls expressed to the world.

    ReplyDelete