Monday, June 16, 2014

Cooper's BIG News!

Cooper has some exciting news to share…



That's right…he is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!  Baby #2 is due December 22, 2014.  Merry Christmas to us!



I am 13 weeks along and absolutely thrilled to be starting my 2nd trimester.  I will probably do another post on my 1st trimester but I am definitely feeling like myself again!  I feel like I have been pregnant forever but it was so fun finding out I was pregnant again 2.5 months ago.  It's funny because when I first had Cooper, I didn't know how I could love another child as much as him, but right when I saw "pregnant" on the test, I was already so in love!


Though we were really wanting to get pregnant, I was still shocked that I was!  I am not the most patient person, so I went ahead and took a pregnancy test super early just to get a negative so I could go about my day and not think about it. I took the test, honestly thinking it would be negative, and to my great delight and surprise it said "pregnant"!  I was thrilled!  Unfortunately, Justin was working that day and he had no idea I was going to take a test (I hadn't planned it at all), so I had to wait until he got home that evening around 9pm to tell him.  If you know me, that was so hard to not tell anyone that day!  Of course, I did tell Cooper and kept telling him all day "you're going to be a big brother!"  I'm sure he was thrilled inside :)

I was so excited for Justin to get home, I could hardly stand it.  He finally got home and I made him dinner and had it ready at the table for him.  I also put the pregnancy test on the table hoping he would notice it on his own (don't worry, I did wash it off for your germaphobes). Of course he was so hungry he didn't notice it at all!  Finally, I said "what is that thing by your water?" And he picked it up and had the most delayed reaction ever…he really was in shock!  I can't remember exactly what he said, but his reaction was priceless and we were both so excited to be expecting again!  It was a memorable evening.


Cooper and Baby #2 will be a little over 2 years apart (26 months to be exact) and we are so excited for Cooper to have a life long best friend close to his age.  We thank the Lord for this blessing and can't wait to meet our bundle of joy in 6 months!!



No comments:

Post a Comment