Saturday, April 9, 2011

February and March Update

I can't believe it's already April!  It seems like this year is just flying by.  Since I just started this blog a few weeks ago, I thought about giving a little update about what the Cummings have been up to over the past few months.  First of all, on February 3rd, my sweet nephew turned 2 years old.  He's getting so big and talking like crazy and just so much fun to be around!  We had a small party with Thomas the train theme. 


We gave him the "Jesus Storybook Bible" which is a great 1st Bible for small kids.  I love it!  Of course you can't give a child just a book, we added a little something from 2 of his favorite movies:  Toy Story and Cars



Then in February we celebrated our first Valentine's together as husband and wife.  We enjoyed a quiet night at home as I cooked dinner and then went out the following weekend to Fogo de Chao...great resturant!


I made a chocolate fudge cake and decorated it with M&Ms and it was AMAZING!  I will have to post the recipe at the end for anyone wanting to try it. 


Then in March we went to College Station for the last regular season Aggie Basketball game.  We got tickets for my family for christmas so it was a fun family road trip.  I always love going back to college station as I have such great memories there from college and Justin and I have made some special memories there since we've been dating.


March is also RODEO season which I absolutely love!  I'm a country girl at heart as I love country music, country dancing and love wearing my cowboy boots!  This year Justin and I went to go see Rascal Flatts, and then Karrie, Staci and I went to see Brad Paisley.  The 3 of us have a tradition of going to the rodeo every year and we always have pictures to document...


It's also a tradition to get a long corn dog on a stick every year.  I think this is the only time I ever eat corn dogs...and it's stinkin good! 


After the Rodeo and concert we decided to be a little crazy and try a fried snickers.  They have some crazy fried food at the rodeo so we thought it was worth a try..


Good thing we split it 3 ways b/c my stomach was killing me for about an hour afterwards..but it was good!!


I always have a great time with my precious lambs!  I'm so thankful for my best friends of 11 years....


And then March ends with the a friendly competition as our family put a little money in for March Madness...which actually turned into March Sadness.  I was in 2nd or 1st place after the first 3 rounds and it was really looking like I would win it!  My competitive nature was starting to come out.  My poor husband was pretty much dead last the entire time, so he didn't stand much of a chance.  But atlas, after Florida lost and Uconn won, my brother slipped in the lead and won.  Oh well, there's always next year.  And at least the Aggie Women won and are national champions...now that was a fun game to watch!!  No more sadness here!  Gig 'Em Aggies!



Here is the chocolate fudge cake recipe:

1 C Butter
5 T cocoa
1 C water
2 C flour
2 C sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 C sour cream
1 tsp baking soda

Frosting:
1/2 C butter
5 T cocoa
1/3 C milk
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Bring butter, cocoa and water to boil in large pan.  Remove from heat and add the  flour, sugar and salt.  Mix together eggs, sour cream and baking soda; add to the mixture.  Pour into a greased (13X9in) cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes in 350 degrees.  While the cake is baking, make the frosting by bringing the butter, cocoa and milk to a boil.  Beat in the powdered sugar and the vanilla.  Spread on the hot cake when it comes out of the oven. 

Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment