Saturday, April 2, 2011

The question that changed my life....

1 year ago from today....


...Justin asked me to be his wife...


....and I said YES...


....and I'm STILL this giddy....


....and we are still THIS happy....


....one of the most memorable nights....


....celebrated with our (sneaky) and cherished family and friends who made this night so special for us....


....followed by a romanic dinner at the melting pot....


....then, exactly 6 months later....


....we said I DO...


...and we are still this happy...




Actually, we are happier than we have ever been, all Glory to God!  I praise the Lord daily for the blessing of placing Justin in my life at His most perfect timing.  Quite honestly, I doubted if this day would ever come for me.  I have longed to be a wife and mom for so long that there were definitely some difficult days before Justin and I started dating.  I wonder why I ever doubted the Lord and just how perfect His plan is for me.  I am truly thankful that the Lord had me wait and grow and learn and enjoy my singleness before bringing Justin in my life.  After being close friends for over a year, and after Justin (finally) asked me out ( I must save that story on waiting for another post), we knew exactly what we were looking for and it didn't take us long to know the Lord was calling us to be together.  So here we are, exactly a year after getting engaged, and exactly 6 months after our wedding, and my heart is overflowing with thankfulness.  I believe that the waiting has helped me to be even more thankful for my husband and the blessing of marriage.  Of course marriage isn't always roses and butterflies, as it is a sanctifying process, by realizing just what a selfish, sinful person I can be...but I am humbled by the fact that such a godly, gentle, patient, and loving man would choose me to spend the rest of his life with here on earth.  So to Justin...thank you for choosing me, thank you for loving me the way that you do, thank you for being my best friend, my biggest supporter, encourager, and listener, and for making me a better person.  Our journey has just begun and I can't wait to see all the Lord has in store for us over the next 50 + years (or however many the Lord gives us). 

Thankful for everything the Lord has done over the past year!
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. I looked at this post a while back and meant to comment, but then got distracted by a little guy crawling around my feet (not Ethan). :) I just wanted to say that this post is SO cute! I love the pictures and am so happy for you and Justin!! I am thankful that I got to be there for your special day and am so excited to see the amazing things God has planned for you as a couple.

    ReplyDelete