Wednesday, August 29, 2012

6 weeks to go!!

It's been awhile since I've had a pregnancy update as we've had so much going on in our family plus having 2 showers and family in town on top of getting sick a few weeks ago and not feeling like doing anything!  But here I am, now at 34 weeks and only have 6 more weeks to meet our sweet boy.  I'm now going to the Doctor every 2 weeks and at my next Doctor's appointment they will start checking me so that is exciting.  Yesterday we had our 34 week ultrasound which was very fun...I always love seeing Cooper again.  The ultrasound looked perfect and he weighs 5 pounds 4 oz already!  He is in the 47 percentile on weight which she said was right where he needs to be and will gain about a half a pound a week from here on out.  That means if I go to 40 weeks, he'll be about 8 pounds!  I'm so relieved that he is healthy and doing well.  Since he is big and doesn't have much room anymore, we didn't get any real good pictures, but he does look like he has cubby cheeks!  He also had his hand in front of his face as always and he was holding his toes with his hands!  The tech said he was even sucking his toes...is that not the cutest thing or what?  It's pretty amazing how he is almost full grown and is a real baby inside me, I just can't believe it sometimes.

Cooper is still a very chilled baby and just doesn't move around a whole lot.  He was moving during the ultrasound but he's not one to give me this huge kick or punch like some babies do.  He is just being sweet to his mama. ;) His lack of movement definitely concerns me at times and I even had to get another ultrasound around 30 weeks because he wasn't moving very much.  My  Doctor said that it could be because I had low fluid so she wanted to check it out.  Thankfully my fluid level was perfect and he was doing just fine.  I think I could hold the record of the most ultrasounds, at least at my specific doctor.  I've had a total of 9 ultrasounds now!  The beginning I had 4 right away because of my previous miscarriages, then I've had 2 extra ones because he's not a big mover.  Though he's not a big mover on most days, there are a few days where he is moving around like crazy and I love it.  He has also gotten the hiccups a few times which is just too cute for words. I can definitely tell the difference between hiccups and movement especially since he's not a big mover.  Everyone has told me that their personality in the womb reflects the personality when they are a baby so we'll see if that holds true!  If so, he will definitely have Justin's laid back personality!

The nursery is coming together slowly but surely.  I just had another shower this past Saturday which I will do a whole separate post on since it was just amazing!  I have all the furniture in the room and now I just need to hang stuff on the walls, hang the curtains, decorate it, put the changing pad on the dresser, etc, etc.... I ordered some letters with Cooper's name on it and one other thing I'm waiting to get here.  I've also been busy washing all his cute new clothes and organizing them by size and putting them in the dresser.  Here is the progress so far:






Everyone tells me these next 6 weeks will fly by and I'm hoping so!  I'm still feeling good for the most part but definitely starting to slow down.  My body is more achy overall and I get tired very easily.  My feet are massively huge and swollen these days, I'm ready for that to be over!  I'm still sleeping pretty well but waking up super early in the morning with a lot on my mind and can't go back to sleep.  Justin and I did take childbirth class 2 weeks ago which was helpful and I enjoyed lots of massages and being pampered by Justin as we practiced getting through contractions :)  Another perk of having a nurse for a husband is nothing really grosses him out so seeing labor should be no problem for him!  I'm also taking a breastfeeding class next week.  Justin and I are going to a resort near San Antonio over labor day to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.   We are celebrating  a little early since I'll be 39 weeks pregnant for our 2 year anniversary and it's probably not the best idea to travel at 39 weeks.  We are so ready for a getaway before the baby comes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment