Monday, August 20, 2012

Church Shower

Yesterday, Long Point Baptist Church gave Justin and I a very sweet shower.  I have been working for Long Point for exactly 4 years now and will be sad to step down at the end of September.  The shower was after the church service with yummy food, precious people, and very considerate gifts for baby Cooper.  It was a co ed shower so it was very nice for Justin to be a part of it.  Justin was cracking me up with his comments as he really isn't very familiar with all the baby gear that is needed, but what 1st time dad is??  My favorite quote was when we received a boppy slipcover as a gift, Justin said, "what is a boppy?  Is that used to help burp the baby?"  Granted, I'm sure most men don't know what a boppy is, but we were cracking up.  We had a lot of fun and felt truly blessed.  Here are a few pictures of the shower:




This is a sweet tag blanket our friend had made for us with Cooper's name on it along with sports theme.  Super cute!!



Opening up gifts!


A diaper bag with the initial "C" on it filled with diapers, wipes, books and onesies!  







I wish that I would have gotten more pictures of the room, the people and the food to remember it, but I just wasn't thinking about taking pictures.  Thankfully my friend was taking pictures for me so I got some shots of us opening up gifts.  Thanks again to our church family, it was a blessing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment