Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Shower

Last Saturday I had 4 close friends throw me the most incredible baby shower.  It really was a huge blessing and so much work and details went into it.  One friend drove in from Dallas to help host and another drove in from New Orleans!  I really have some great friends!  It was a sports theme shower and everything was decorated so cute!!


Yummy Food





I wish that this picture could capture all the details that went along with this diaper cake, it was amazing!  My creative friend Staci made it and the bear is riding a motorcycle made out of diapers!
Another view of the diaper cake
Cooper James Cummings specialized water bottle labels

It was a huge blessing to see all the people who came to celebrate with me!  It was a great turnout and I was truly blessed to see some special friends...old and new!



Justin's Family


The wonderful hostesses!!


I was also really blessed with all the generous gifts for Cooper!


A book of personalized prayers from my sweet friend Natosha


A sweet gift from my good friend Jana with Cooper's name and Bible verse....love it!

Reaction opening seeing Cooper's name on the stuffed lamb




Another very special memory was that my mom was able to come be there with me!  As some of you may know, my mom was diagnosed with cancer about 2 weeks ago and she started her chemotherapy the day before the shower.  She woke up the morning of the shower with a fever and thought she wouldn't be able to go.  As the morning went on her temperature started to go down so she began to get ready just in case.  By the time she and my dad got in the car on the way over to the shower, her temperature was a perfect 98.6!  It was a huge blessing and a surprise as I was so blessed to have my mom there!

Me and my mama
My mom got to visit with some dear friends


Justin came over at the end to help load the gifts...us with Cooper's Granna and Mimi


We were able to spend some time with Justin's family after the shower.  Me and Justin with his cousin Anais and her husband Jason.  She is also pregnant and we look forward to raising our little ones together!

It was a very special day and I'm thankful to the Lord for all the many blessings!  A special thanks to Staci, Karrie, Jennifer and Julie who put so much work and time into making this day special for me....it was perfect!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy! The pictures are wonderful! So glad to have been there to share your special Day! It is good to see family and was so happy that we could see Debbie! Praise God! Love you all! Many blessings to you as we wait for Cooper to arrive!

    Deanne Gigante

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky that you got so nice friends and they make a wonderful baby shower.Hope you enjoyed a lot.
    Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love baby showers! That might sound weird but all my friends have been married and one of them is going to have a baby this year. I am planning a baby shower for her in one of the home studios NYC and I am glad I got some useful ideas from this post. It’s a fantabulous post!

    ReplyDelete