Tuesday, October 9, 2012

40 weeks....Due Date is finally here!

Well, my due date has officially arrived...but still no baby!  



It feels a little strange that today is October 9th.   How many times have I said October 9th over the past 9 months...too many to count.  And now it's here and is almost over and it has been a very uneventful day.  It's exciting since each day I know I'm getting closer and closer but it's a little anti-climatic since nothing is really happening yet.  Yesterday, Justin and I went in for our 40 weeks ultrasound to make sure Cooper is still doing well and that I can continue on the pregnancy for another week.  Everything went smoothly and Cooper is still thriving in the womb.  The nurse practitioner called today to confirm that the ultrasound looked great, he was breathing well, plenty of fluid and he was moving around well.  She did say my placenta is aging which is expected at 40 weeks and that is why I will be induced at 41 weeks if he doesn't come on his own.  I was definitely relieved that everything is still going well.   We also found out that he is about 8 and a half pounds right now!  We were surprised he was already that big!  They say the baby can gain half a pound a week so if he doesn't come until next week, he could be 9 pounds.  He also has some big ole chubby cheeks!  Justin has always said he wanted him to be chubby and I think he's getting what he wants :)  Even the ultrasound tech commented on his chubby cheeks.   You can see for yourself his cuteness 




The first picture shows the cheeks a little more.  It's actually hard to see everything because what looks like his ear is actually the placenta and so on.  But you can get an idea.  Both Justin and his brother had chubby cheeks as babies and also Justin's niece does too, so I'm thinking Cooper is going to look like his Daddy, but we will see!  

Right now I am just enjoying this last week (or days) until we become a family of 3.  Justin surprised me last week and took me to the Melting Pot to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and it was so fun!


When I walked by some men sitting outside, one man just blurted out, "Goodness Gracious....(long pause) well, congratulations!"  Um, thank you?  Not sure how I feel about the shocked look on his face seeing me as I did look pretty big in that dress.  I'm sure I looked like I was about to pop!  

Justin had to work all weekend long, so I was able to spend some time with my family.  I was so thankful my parents came over on Sunday and helped me with all the last minute stuff I needed help with since Justin's work and school schedule is so crazy right now.  I was definitely in a "nesting" mood and wanted to get more organized.  Thankfully Justin is going to take about 3-4 week off of work after the baby is born which we are both excited about.  He still has to continue with school and his clinical hours, but it will be so much easier having a break from work.  Since we had to work all weekend, he was off yesterday for the ultrasound and we had a really fun day.  We went to lunch, then went to see a movie (thanks to  Bobby and Jen for the gift card) and then went to Target and then a late evening walk in the neighborhood.  It was a fun day especially since we know we won't be doing that just the 2 of us for awhile.  

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see if my body has progressed at all.  I'm not getting my hopes up.  I know he can still come at anytime, but even if he doesn't...he will be here by next Tuesday for sure!  I'm going on TONS of walks, walking up and down hills and even stepping up and down curbs.  My friend Jennifer said she walked curbs and went into labor that night.  Granted, she was already 3 cm dilated at the time compared to me being "barely one", but you just never know!  Come on Cooper, we can't wait to meet you!  

2 comments:

  1. WOW, he DOES have chubby squishable cheeks! I know you can't wait to squish em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 weeks 4 days was the magic day for me. You can do it!!! Praying for you. - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete