Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy 2 Months Coop!

This week Cooper turned 2 months old!  I really can't believe he's already 2 months, and I'm sure I will say that every month.


We went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month check up. He now weighs 11 pounds 7 ounces so he is gaining weight well, though he is not a huge chunky baby yet.  He is in the 20th percentile in weight, 50th percentile in height, and 90th percentile for his head.  Thats right folks, our sweet boy has a big head ...but it's oh so cute.  His hats don't fit well and getting his onesies off and on are difficult with his sweet big head.  The doctor said it was totally normal and it just means the brain is growing properly so he is a genius (our doctor likes to crack jokes).  He's still wearing some newborn clothes and 0-3 month clothes.  He's just a little guy right now but I'm sure he will catch up soon!



Everyday gets more and more fun with him. He is such a smiling little guy and can give the biggest smilies that will just melt your heart!  We are obsessed with trying to make him smile.  He loves to be talked to and that will usually make him smile real big, especially after he eats.  My favorite is when I get him up in the mornings and I first talk to him, he smiles so big!  I like to think that he likes to hear the sound of my voice after not hearing it for 8 hours!  ;)   He's also tracking people around the room and will follow you with his head and eyes wherever you go, which is also so cute.  I love when he doesn't take his eyes off of me!  He's starting to enjoy being in his bouncer seat and likes to look at the lights and even bats at the toys hanging down (though probably accidentally).  He still doesn't like the swing and will only stay in it about 10 minutes before he starts to get fussy and wants out.  It's so funny how every baby is different as most moms told me the swing was a lifesaver for them.


He still has acid relux and we just switched his medicine as the other one wasn't working as well.  He spits up constantly which is really frustrating.  Sometimes I feel like he spits up everything he just ate.  He can go through up to 6 outfits a day so the onesies sure come in handy.  I feel so bad for him when he spits up so much as I know that he is hurting.  We are praying that the new medicine will help.


He is sleeping better which has been great for this tired Mama!  He is on a sleep, eat, wake schedule and his naps can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.  I usually don't let him sleep too long during the day so he will sleep well at night.  Last night he slept 8 hours again which was wonderful.  He hardly ever falls asleep on his own,  except in the car or in the stroller.  He has never been the typical newborn that sleeps all the time...but I think it will get better.  Everyday is different with him...some days he is super happy and sleeps great, and other days he is just extra fussy and doesn't sleep well.  I'm actually taking all milk and dairy products out of my diet to see if that helps any.  He has a little rash on his belly so the doctor thinks he could have a milk allergy.  Giving up dairy is going to be sooo hard, but I know it's worth it!


Though Cooper is not the biggest baby, you can tell that he really is growing...here is a side by side from last month and this month.  He still has long arms and legs!




We definitely love our sweet boy and think he is so stinkin' cute!  We praise the Lord for our little blessing!



1 comment:

  1. Mimi (grandma Cummings) thinks he is "so stinkin' cute as well. Love the updates an photos and am so looking forward to holding him and seeing that adorable smile. Love you

    ReplyDelete