Sunday, May 5, 2013

Birthday Weekend

Well, another year has gone by and I'm another year older.  I turned 31 on Friday...31!  How did I get here?  That just sounds old to me but I'm thoroughly enjoying this stage of life and thankful for all the many blessings at 31.  Justin and I were talking about how it was just last year where we were in New Orleans visiting our dear friends and going to Jazz Fest for my birthday.  This year has definitely flown by!  

It was nice that Justin had Friday off so we were able to spend the day together!  We relaxed at home and I went over to my BFF's house to drop by some cupcakes since it was her birthday too!  We have shared many birthdays together since we were in high school.  After that, we packed up our car and drove to my parents house to spend the night.  We spent just one night there, and our car was completely packed, with many trips to load the car.  The life of having a baby and a dog. I really can't imagine it when we have more!  

It was so nice to go to my parents for several reasons.  First, my mom had a stem cell transplant back in January and was not able to be around kids for awhile.  We did see her for Easter but then Cooper got his 6 month shots and then she couldn't be around him again because of the live virus from the shots.  Enough time has now passed that she can be around him again so that was great!

Second, Justin and I have not been out by ourselves since Cooper has been born!  Because of my mom's cancer, and because of Justin's crazy school schedule, we have not had a babysitter and had the time to go out together.  We have gone out with Cooper, but it's definitely not near as relaxing.  Don't get me wrong, we still have had plenty of time to spend together at home, but it was SO great to go out on a date together again just the 2 of us!  



We went to a restaurant in Kingwood call Raffa's which is on the lake.  It was very nice and we enjoyed it!  My sweet brother gave us birthday money to enjoy dinner and we sure did!  Wine, appetizer's, steak, and dessert (that the restaurant gave us for free for my birthday).  We haven't dined like that since our anniversary!  Yummy!


After dinner we went outside and listened to a live band that was playing.  


Then we walked around the lake area and went onto the pier


Then we headed home to watch the Rockets game with the family.  And can you believe it?  I didn't even call home to check on my Coopy!  And sure enough, he did just fine without us!  Didn't really seem to miss us one bit :)




My mom also had a little birthday table set up for me!  Flowers, gifts, cake, and pictures framed of me growing up.  She is so thoughtful...


My mom also got me a new cell phone case...check it out....


The picture is clearer in person but it's of course of my sweet little man with the words "I love Mommy"  Now everyone will know how proud I am to be his Mama!

Thanks to my hubby and my parents for making my birthday special.  I love my family!



2 comments:

  1. What a great blog. So many changes over the last year and an abundance of blessings. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings for you and the year you have received presents from God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete