Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Fun

When you think of Memorial Day, you think of the start of summer....and when you think of summer, you think of....SWIMMING!  Yay, who doesn't love to swim??  Well, apparently my son!



On Sunday, we went over to my parents house for the day and spent the night for Memorial Day.  My parents are members of the Kingwood Country Club where they have an awesome pool.  They reserved a Cabana for Sunday late afternoon so we could relax in the shade by the pool, order some drinks and go swimming!  Justin was especially excited to take Cooper in the water for the first time.  I went swimming with some girls from church last week, which was the first time for Cooper to ever get into the pool.  He pretty much fussed the whole time in the pool.  I wasn't really sure if it was because he didn't like it, or because of the entire new situation with all the people and kids.  He can be a little shy at times :)  


After that, I went and bought a cute little floaty for his age and we were excited to take him in it again.  Justin took him in the baby pool and the look on his face was like, "Why, Daddy..Why??" He was just not enjoying it at all.  I tried to take some pictures but he just wasn't having it.  So Justin took him out and let him chill for a little bit and tried again later.  He took him around on the lazy river and the poor baby cried the whole time!  I thought maybe he would get used to it and enjoy the ride...but no...you'd think we were torturing him.  So that was that of Cooper's first swim.  Wasn't too exciting but hopefully he will learn to love to swim!  


Though the swimming wasn't a huge success for him, he sure did look cute!  Have you ever seen a cuter little swim baby?  I can hardly stand the cuteness!  



The day at the pool definitely didn't go to waste.  Cooper took a nap in the stroller with Granna while me, Justin, Brandon and Peyton played in the pool and floated on the lazy river.  Justin may or may not have gone down the water slide and jumped off the diving board a few times.  You only live once, right?  


Justin and Peyton playing in the splash pad area

Gu watching

Coop hanging out with Granna

After the pool, we went back to my parents house and they grilled some steaks and had a yummy dinner.  I tried to put Cooper down for a nap when we got home but he fought the whole nap.  I thought maybe it was because his schedule was off.  Well, it turns out that apparently he is going through a phase where he won't sleep anywhere else but in his crib at home.  We spent the night at my parents house that night and Cooper had one of the worst nights of sleep since he was just a few days old!!  It was miserable.  It would take him forever to go to sleep, and then he would wake up screaming like he was scared and didn't know where he was.  He usually is a GREAT sleeper and almost always goes to sleep after I lay him down in his crib awake.  After he woke up in the middle of the night, it took me 2 hours to get him to finally go back to sleep.   I wanted to pull my hair out.  He just did not want to sleep in the pack and play, which is strange because he has slept in it many times before with no problems.  Did anyone have babies that wouldn't sleep anywhere but their crib?   Of course when we got home yesterday, he took a nap in his crib and slept 12 hours last night and didn't fight it at all.  Oh well, I'm sure he will grow out of this soon.  It was a great Memorial Day even if we didn't get much sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment