Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a really fun and busy Mother's Day weekend!  I'm so thankful that Justin had the weekend off.  It started with going to my best friend's daughter's birthday party!  It was a super cute party theme and she made all the kids capes and masks....even Cooper got one!


As you can see, he was too crazy about it.  He's clinging onto his toy for dear life!  When we first put it on him he started to cry but then he stopped and he let me keep it on him for a long time.  He was never too happy about it though as you can see..


He looks more like a super hero here looking off into the distance....



And we can't forget the beautiful birthday girl!!  Too bad I couldn't get a better picture...


As always it was also so great to see the BFF's again!


Then that evening we had Justin's best friend and his fiance over for dinner.   They are getting married in July and Justin is the best man.  We are so happy for them as they really are perfect together!  I wish I would have gotten a picture of them with Cooper!  Cooper's cautious personality is coming out more because when I got Cooper up from his nap and brought him out into kitchen with our friends, he started to cry!  He didn't know who they were and why they were in his house!  Then I had Paul hold Cooper and he started to cry again!  It just takes him awhile to get warmed up to people.  By the end of the evening, he was best buds with them :)

Then on Mother's Day, Justin and I went to church and then went over to my parents house for brunch.  My mom made a wonderful brunch which really isn't fair on Mother's Day.  The guys played some basketball outside again which is becoming a little tradition.

My First Mother's Day

Cooper and Gu

with Uncle Brandon
Being my first Mother's Day, my heart was filled with such thankfulness for our son.  I love him more than words can express and have such deep appreciation for being a mom.  I am thankful I get to spend every hour with this little guy as I just can't get enough of him.   So on this Mother's I am deeply grateful to 2 very huge answered prayers:


  • My mom is all complete with her treatment and is currently in remission!!
  • God answered our cries for a child and He gave us a beautiful baby boy!  I am so blessed and thankful to be his Mom!  


Thankful 

No comments:

Post a Comment