Tuesday, June 11, 2013

8 Month Update

Cooper is 8 months old....how is this possible??


This picture cracks me up....he was not in the mood to pose for pictures, that's for sure!  He is getting so big, I just can't believe it.  I don't know his weight since he doesn't go back to the doctor until 9 months, but he is getting chunky.  It took him awhile, but those thighs are definitely getting some rolls!

Not much has really changed this month, but here is what is going on with Coop at 8 months:


Sleeping:  Cooper is still sleeping well but not as great as last month.  Just in the past week or so he has been waking up at 7am instead of his normal 8 or 8:30.  That has been an adjustment for me since I had enjoyed a little time in the mornings before he woke up.  I have tried dropping the 3rd nap, putting him to bed later and putting him to bed earlier but his wake up time is the same 7am.  This morning he even woke up in the 6's but that is just too early so I let him play around in his crib and then he even went back to sleep for 30 minutes, thank goodness!  He takes 2 good naps a day, but they are earlier now since he is waking up earlier, and sometimes a 3rd nap if needed.  I can put him in his crib awake and he will play around for a few minutes or so (depending on how tired he is) and then fall asleep.  It's interesting how he would NOT do that in the pack and play at my parents house so I may have him practice sleeping there for naps so he can gets used to a different environment.


Eating: Nothing has really changed at all with his eating. He still has a bottle 4 times a day (8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm) and I feed him solid foods for lunch and dinner.  He is working on the sippy cup but so far he is not interested.  He still spits up a lot but hopefully it is dying down.  I pretty much say that every month, but it really hasn't gotten any better.  He definitely spits up more when he is active like when he's crawling and jumping in the bouncer.  I'm so over the spit up!



Look at me!!


Milestones: The big thing this month is Cooper now has 6 teeth!  He has his 4 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth.  A third top tooth will probably be coming soon.  Seriously, he is such a tough teether...he is just his normal self!  It's funny how when anything seems abnormal in your child you automatically think he's teething.  I hear parents say that all the time, and sometimes it turns out teeth didn't come for months.  When Cooper was a little fussy everyone would also tell me that he is probably teething.  And maybe he really was teething, or maybe he was just a little fussy that day...who really knows!  Overall, I haven't noticed a change in his temperament and then bam...a tooth pops through.


He is also army crawling everywhere!!  I can barely keep up with him.  His favorite toy right now is this squishy soccer ball and he just chases that thing all around the house, it's way too cute.  Once he crawls to it, it usually rolls away so he just keeps crawling after it. He is also sitting up much better now which is great.  He would still rather be crawling than sitting up.


Likes:  Going on walks in the stroller, loves when daddy comes home, crawling, playing with toys, the dog, being read to, being around other kids


Dislikes:  going in the pool, but we are working on it!  He is very indifferent about bath time.  He doesn't love it, but also doesn't hate it either.  He doesn't like big commotion and can get overwhelmed when there's a lot of people.

I had to post this face one more time....


I love this boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment