Sunday, October 6, 2013

3 year Anniversary!

This past Wednesday we celebrated our 3 year Anniversary!  Yay!  I need to carry on the tradition of blogging about our anniversary each year, as this blog is more like a family scrapbook to us.  I can't believe it was really 3 years ago when we said I DO...



Like most people, I have such wonderful memories of our wedding day.  I loved it.  I wish I could go back and pause all the amazing moments and fun times of that day.  (I wish I could also look like this again, but let's just focus on the positive right now) :-)




But the best part of being in a healthy Christian marriage is that after the honeymoon there is still SO much more to look forward to.  I remember on our honeymoon talking to other honeymooners that were so sad their wedding was over.  They already lived with their husbands, done what all married people already do, and will go back to their regular life.  I felt sad for them.  Though there is sadness that the wedding/honeymoon is over, there is SO much to look forward to for the Christian couple.  We can actually live together, merge our lives together and learn so many new things about each other.  And most importantly marriage is a covenant and we won't just quit when it gets hard.  I am so very thankful the Lord brought us together! 


To celebrate, we went out to a nice dinner in the Woodlands at Amerigo's and then went to go see Unstoppable which is created by Kirk Cameron.  This is our first Anniversary to celebrate having a child, so we couldn't really go away for a weekend quite yet.  I'm thankful my parents babysat for us all evening long so we could enjoy a nice date night.  


They gave us free dessert and champagne which was great!!





Happy 3 Years Justin....I'm still crazy about you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment