Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cooper's 1st Birthday Party

On Saturday we had Cooper's 1st Birthday party at our house.   We just invited family since of course Cooper would not care who was there and it really was perfect.  With just family (plus a friend who is like family) we had 15 people here and it was really fun!  I decided to do an Aggie football themed party.  I know, I know, it does seem like we are obsessed with Aggies (which we kind of are), but it was a very easy theme since it was the fall for football season, there are so many ideas for football themed parties (like Super Bowl parties), and we had a ton of A&M/maroon stuff to use as decor!



I also figured this will probably be the last time I can pick the theme as next year it will be whatever he is obsessed with at the time.  My original plan was to have the party around the time of the Aggie game so we could watch that towards the end of the party, but it wasn't on until 7:30pm, which is Cooper's bedtime.  That would have made it more perfect but we still had football on and it worked out well since we were able to talk and visit more.


It's not a football party without some tailgate food



Cooper got to enjoy his first chicken salad sandwich and he LOVED it!  He ate the whole thing.


And is he not the cutest thing ever with his Birthday hat on?  I loved it.


After we ate, we sang Happy Birthday to Cooper which was so cute to watch his face.  He was looking around at everyone and I'm sure his curious mind was running.  He had a look on his face like "what are you guys doing??"


Thanks to my friend Sheri who made the football smash cake and the cupcakes!  They were so good!


I was so excited for Cooper to have his very first taste of cake and chocolate.  At first he didn't want to try it, so I had to put some of it in his mouth and he realized quickly that this is some good stuff!


He was actually a very clean eater...he kept taking small bites of it and putting it in his mouth.  There was no "smashing" going on, he was just enjoying it.  He was trying to eat it as fast as he could :)



Right when I was wondering how much is too much to give him, he decided to throw the cake on the floor, which is his signal that he's done.  I am trying to break him of that habit!  I'm glad to know he stopped when he was full though.


After the cake we opened up gifts.  Coop was not very interested in that, the boy just won't sit still in my lap.  He is constantly on the go and wants to move around.


I don't have many toys for him so it was a huge blessing to get so many great toys from family.  It's so fun to watch him explore them all.


Peyton was SO excited to give Cooper his train set, he was jumping up and down when we were opening it.  The cousins were so sweet playing together.


After we opened up the gifts, we watched a slideshow I put together for his first year of life.  It was a fun little keepsake to have of his 1st year and all the memories that we made.  Everyone there was in it too at some point, so it was special.


It was such a fun day filled with special memories!  Cooper did SO good too!  He skipped an entire nap and still wasn't fussy one bit.  He had so much fun playing with everyone there, you couldn't even tell he was tired.  I'm so thankful for everyone who came, some driving 3 hours, some driving 1 hour.  It's still hard to believe that I have a one year old.  This little boy has my heart.  We love you sweet boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment