Monday, October 28, 2013

Girls Weekend and Pumpkin Patch Fun

This past weekend was super fun!  It started with a much needed girls weekend away with my 2 best friends Karrie and Staci.  We have been best friends since high school and it was so fun to spend time with them as we are all married now and one lives out of state.  We went to Brenham since it was close by and stayed in a nice Bed and Breakfast.  Here we are on the road fighting Houston traffic on Friday...


We then went to a nice dinner on Friday night.  It was actually the same restaurant we went to 4 years ago when we stay in a different B&B there!


We then went back to our B&B, enjoyed some wine that came with the room and talked for hours about old times and reminisced of all the memories we have made together over the past almost 15 years!



Then on Saturday we of course enjoyed a very nice Breakfast in our room...pumpkin pancakes with some type of fancy egg that I can't really remember what, but it was yummy!


Then we did what all girls do together when there are no boys.....pedicures and shopping!



We went to a flea market, walked all around the town, ate a nice lunch, ate some ice cream, and then we went to see a movie.  It was all nice, fun and very relaxing!  Definitely a change of what I normally do as a SAHM.  I'm so thankful for these girls and the lifelong friendship we have.  We have been through  A LOT together over the many years and it is pretty amazing to see where the Lord has brought us over the years.



It was the perfect amount of time to be away as I missed Cooper SO much, but it wasn't too much time away from him.  This was my first time to ever be away from him overnight and I really did miss him a lot.  I knew he was in great hands as Justin was taking care of him all weekend long and he loves his daddy!   Justin also sent me pictures throughout the day of what they were doing, which helped.   When I came home, he looked so much bigger and older!  I know I was only away 2 days, but I couldn't believe how much older he looked to me.  After seeing him everyday for a year, I guess missing a day makes you forget.  It does make me more thankful to be able to stay home with him and how much I love being with him everyday!

After I got home on Sunday, we decided to go to a pumpkin patch close to our house since it was the last day it was open.  Though Cooper is still a little young to do some of the fun things there, we had a blast!





There were tons of pumpkins, blow up rides, train ride, hay ride, and fun carnival food!



Cooper loved looking around and taking everything in.  He especially enjoyed the hay ride and train ride!



It really was a perfect weekend!  I am so blessed to have such a great friends and a wonderful family to spend the weekend with.


1 comment:

  1. You girls are so wise in knowing how important girlfriend time is for body and soul. As Moms, it's easy to forget that doing for ourselves is important to be our optimum best for our family. So glad you had the opportunity for your special weekend with Karrie and Staci. Love you

    ReplyDelete