Tuesday, April 17, 2012

15 Weeks

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and well into my 2nd trimester.  I went to the Doctor today after not going a whole month and heard the heartbeat!  She warned me that it could take awhile to find since I'm still early on, but she was even surprised how quickly she found it.  I was of course relieved as the waiting as been a little rough.  So here are some random thoughts of 15 weeks of pregnancy:


  • I am still feeling pretty good overall.  Not many symptoms and still haven't felt the baby move yet.  I'm dying to feel the baby, I just can't wait!  
  • I'm finally seeing a little baby bump.  I don't think anyone else can really tell except for Justin and I, but depending on what I'm wearing, it's more noticeable.  My stomach feels very tight and different but I'm enjoying it!
  • I have been getting bad headaches lately....I have no idea if that has anything to do with pregnancy or not, but it's not fun.  
  • I still get tired easily and sleeping a lot, but not near as much as before.   Sunday I took a 3 hour nap!  
  • My dear sweet friend gave me all her maternity clothes!  It was a HUGE blessing and I'm so grateful.  I started wearing maternity jeans this week and WOW!  Everyone was right, I had no idea what I was missing.  Sitting down is so much more comfortable....it's marvelous!  
  • What I dread most everyday is deciding what to wear for the day.  I.Hate.it.  Even with more maternity clothes now, I still feel like I have nothing to wear that looks good.  Some maternity shirts just looks silly right now since I don't have that big belly yet.  I'm still wearing a lot of my old clothes that are loose and not too tight, but there is just so much of that.  I so wish it was socially acceptable to wear my yoga pants and a big T-shirt everyday.  So comfy!  
  • We find out this Friday the gender!  I'm so excited.  
Those are all my random thoughts at 15 weeks.  I'll end with a funny story that will hopefully encourage future  pregnant women to go ahead and get maternity pants earlier rather than later.  Since I could still technically button my old jeans, I felt that I should continue to wear them until I couldn't button them anymore.  When I would put on my old jeans, I thought "oh, this is great, they still fit." and went on with life.  Little did I know, that when I sit down, it was putting so much pressure on my belly that was already feeling so tight.  So at my office, I started to just unbutton the top button when sitting down.  I then started to worry that someone would come in and I would forget about it so I quickly stopped that.  But then on my way home from work, I would have to sit in my car for 45 minutes to drive home.  So the first thing I would do is unbutton the top button and enjoy the car ride home much better!  I mean, I was just in the car by myself, who really cares?  Well, after 45 minutes or so in the car, of course I completely forget about my pants and decide to do some grocery shopping at HEB during the time where everyone goes.  I noticed that there were a few people looking at me and particularly at my belly and I thought "can they tell I'm pregnant?" Oh boy.  No, that's not what they were looking at.  To my horror, I finally looked down and realized my shirt was caught up in my unbuttoned jeans.  It was completely obvious to anyone a mile away from me.  Oops.  I then realized it was definitely time for that belly band and/or maternity pants!  


No comments:

Post a Comment