Thursday, April 19, 2012

Boy or Girl? What's your guess?

Tomorrow we are going to find out the gender!  I really do feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve, just dying to wake up in the morning to see what the big surprise is!  So now is the time to have a little fun and take some guesses.   I truly have no preference at all for a girl or boy.  One week I would be thinking I want a girl and the next week I would be thinking I want a boy.  I would be so ecstatic either way.

As far as guessing goes, for some reason, everyone has been guessing girl.  My brother and 3 closest friends have all guessed girl, not knowing that the others have guessed that as well.  I have had more of a "feeling" that it's a girl, but that feeling is based on nothing.  Justin has been leaning more towards a boy so who knows?  There are a few old wives tales out there to determine what the gender is.  I thought I'd have a little fun to see what the wives tales say about me and to help you take a more accurate guess.  Of course, I really don't believe all this, this is purely just for fun :)

1.  According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.
Well, the baby was at 154 beats on Tuesday.  That would be GIRL


2.  If you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy.
I have no idea if I'm carrying high or low..I feel like I'm not carrying much as the baby is just the size of an Apple right now.  But I will say that I feel like I'm carrying more all over and not as much in front.  So that would lead to me say:  GIRL


3. Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.
Um, when am I NOT craving ice cream?  This seems a little unfair to me, but I guess I would have to say GIRL


4.  Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.
Age of conception is 29 and year 2012.  One odd and one even= BOY


5.  If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.
I did notice I was breaking out a little more in the 1st trimester but definitely not "like crazy"  so I would have to say BOY for this one.  


6.  Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy
I was nauseous but definitely not bad at all compared to most of my friends and I never threw up.   So I have to go with BOY


Out of those 6 wives tales, looks like we have an even split.  3 for girl and 3 for boy.  Too bad I don't have any Drano to do that test for the tie breaker :)  What about you?  Do you know of any other old wives tales I've missed?  What's your guess?


I hope to update the blog/facebook sometime late tomorrow evening (after we have told our family in person) or on Saturday afternoon....so stay tuned!!  





4 comments:

  1. Haha, I have to say, I would have been "girl" rather than "boy" on pretty much all of those tests for pretty much all my pregnancies, and I have 3 BOYS! LOL!

    Have you done the wedding ring on a string one? Hang your ring on a chain or string, then hold (or have someone hold) it up over your belly. If it moves in a circle, it's supposed to be a girl, but if it moves back and forth like a pendulum, it's supposed to be a boy. These are so ridiculous, but kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is girl. I kind of wanted to change to boy after reading that a lot of people are already guessing girl, but i'll stick to my first guess. So exciting to find out, I can't wait to hear!! Let all the fun planning begin! And I usually tell people to bring a sweet snack or drink just in case baby is being still or is staying in one position. The ultrasound tech made me drink a whole dr. pepper to get Cambry to change positions! And that was after I drank water and ate a granola bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I have been way put of the loop! Hallelujah, thank you Jesus for a Cummings baby!!!! Rejoicing with you:)
    I say girl because that's all I know about:)

    ReplyDelete