Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Big Reveal

Here's the story of the day we found out we're having a BOY!  I wanted to write it down so I don't forget!

Let me just say, that I was so pleasantly surprised that it's a boy!  EVERYONE was guessing girl.  It was crazy how many people thought it was a girl.  I had thought for awhile now that it was a girl too, but I have no idea why since it wasn't because I had a preference.  Boy, was I wrong!  I even told Justin right before we found out that I was going to laugh so hard if it's boy.  And I was definitely laughing!  We get in the room and the sweet technician takes her time letting us look at the head, the arms, hands, feet etc.  I was thinking, lets get to the good stuff!  She asked us what we thought the gender was and I said I thought it was a girl and everyone else seemed to think it's a girl too.  Justin quickly said that he didn't know what the gender was and wasn't swayed either way.   So finally she gets a great shot in between his legs and before she said anything, I knew it.  I said right away "oh my gosh, is it a boy?!?!?!"  She paused for a little bit just to be sure of course and then said "it's a boy!"  Oh wow!  I started cracking up.  I said I couldn't believe it but I was SO happy!  I really could not stop smiling or giggling.  We were both so thrilled.  It was actually more fun since I was totally expecting it to be a girl.  And let me just say, it was very obvious it was a boy!  Cooper was moving his hands around a lot and it was so cute because he would keep covering his face with one of his hands.  The technician said he was embarrassed that we kept looking at his goods (rephrased by me).  He was probably like "I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm a girl!"  I am actually SO glad that we found out the gender beforehand.  It was still a huge surprise and I think I would have gone the whole pregnancy thinking it was a girl.  It's just so fun knowing and being able to call him by name now.   So we left the Doctor super excited and couldn't wait to tell people!  We went to Target and each of us picked out a cute boy outfit which was really fun.  We hadn't bought anything for the baby yet and it was fun to look around.

I had wanted to tell my family all together in a fun way, so I decided to order cupcakes with blue icing in the middle!  I ordered the cupcakes from Gigi cupcakes and they were awesome!  They were incredibly accommodating to me and I called them right after our appointment to tell them if it's pink or blue icing and they were waiting for my call.  They had the cupcakes done in an hour.  I have to give a shout out to them because I was so impressed by their customer service (and the cupcakes are amazing!)  So that evening we went to my parents house and my mom made a super yummy dinner.  I told them that we couldn't talk about the appointment over dinner because we had to wait until dessert.  I had everyone guess what they thought the gender was.  My 3 year old nephew of course said BOY.  The rest was pretty evenly split.  So after dinner I had everyone choose which cupcake they wanted (I had all different flavors) and they had to start eating the cupcake at the same time.  After a few bites, they all saw the blue icing!  It was a great reaction and a fun way to tell them as everyone was so happy to have another boy in the family.  Peyton was particularly very happy to have a boy cousin!  I hope Peyton and Cooper will be best buds all their life!  Here are some pictures of the day:

Peyton excited to find out!

Everyone eating the cupcake to see what color is in the middle

It's a BOY!


It was a very fun and memorable day!  

1 comment:

  1. Sweet and fun memories finding out we are having another grandson, Cooper James Cummings. Love and Prayers, Mom.

    ReplyDelete