Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I wish I could think of a better title for this blog post, but my mind doesn't seem to working at full strength these days so this is the best I can do!  I am 23 weeks pregnant now and here are some random updates on what is going on:

  • I finally felt baby Cooper move!  I first realized I was feeling him move at 21 weeks.  Yes, I know that is later than most but since my placenta is on top and Cooper doesn't move around a lot, it came a little later for me.  I was so relieved!  I think I felt him move before but didn't know what it was.  Just like everyone said, it felt like butterflies or waves through your stomach.  It definitely can be mistaken for gas!  I feel him move regularly now but it's not very often.  I had a friend whose baby didn't move a lot in her womb either and she ended up being the easiest baby!  Here's to hoping that this could mean Cooper is an easy baby too :)
  • I went to children's camp last week 5 and a half months pregnant and all!  Some people thought I was crazy for going and I definitely questioned my sanity as well, but I'm so glad I went.  I had the sweetest group of girls and it was a huge blessing to be able to spend that extra time with them that I wouldn't normally be able to.  The Lord was so gracious as I felt great the entire time and had a lot of energy.  
  • I have become so emotional lately!  This has taken me by surprise since I normally don't get PMS.  I feel pretty out of control with my emotions lately.  I cry over the dumbest things!  I normally don't cry when watching movies/TV, but now I'm a wreck if anything is even remotely sad or happy.  So if you see me and I'm teary eyed, please just know it's not you and it's probably nothing...I'm just extra sensitive/horomonal/emotional lately and I'm just so thankful for a patient husband!  
  • "Pregnancy Brain" is in full swing!  I have heard people talk about this before but didn't really understand what it meant until now.  My main thing is that I'm forgetting things very easily.  For someone who likes to be organized and on top of things, forgetting things is not fun for me!  I have locked my keys in my office, locked myself out of my house, and left my keys at home all on days when it was very bad timing!  
  • I ordered Cooper's bedding online and got it in the mail yesterday.  I was so excited!  We are going with a sports theme which fits us well since we both love sports.  I'm sure there will be some Aggie decor in there as well.  I still haven't registered or bought anything else yet as it's just too overwhelming to think about right now.  I'm thankful for all the advice I received on Facebook last week.  If any of you have more advice about the best things to register for, please share!  
  • I still don't have a very cute baby bump.  It has been a little frustrating for me but I'm learning how incredibly vain it is and to be thankful that Cooper is growing and doing well.  My mom reminds me that she never had the big basketball baby bump either so it's probably just our body type along with where the baby is positioned in my uterus.  After I get dressed I typically say to Justin, "does this shirt make me look pregnant?"  My poor husband...he has been so sweet and continually will tell me how my belly looks so big and how I definitely look pregnant even when I don't ask him :)  I find myself sinfully comparing myself to other women and feel discouraged by their perfectly round bumps when I just look frumpy and huge.  I had someone with the best intentions tell me yesterday, "you don't even look pregnant!"  I know she was trying to be nice to make me feel good, but it actually made me feel worse.  I feel bad for people because no matter what they say to pregnant women, it probably is the wrong thing.  Some pregnant women HATE being told how big their bump looks or how they are showing, while others HATE to be told how small they look or how they don't look pregnant.  It's probably just best to say " you look great" ;)  
  • A lot of people have been asking me this question so I thought it best to answer here:  I am stepping down from my job as children's director the end of September, which is just 2 weeks before my due date.  It will be bitter sweet as I have been there 4 years, but I also have never felt more confident in my calling to be a stay at home mom and spend this time pouring into our sweet baby boy.  It will be a sacrifice financially especially with Justin still going to school getting his master's but we both know this is what the Lord desires for our family, and it will be so worth it.  
 Phew that is a long update!  For the 4 of you who made it to the bottom, you're awesome!  I realize I mainly like to write about my pregnancy for me to look back and remember this sweet time in my life.  I feel incredibly blessed and just can't wait till baby Cooper is here...only 4 more months!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! I have been praying for you and Cooper daily. I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This update made me smile. What fun, to feel Cooper move, and I can totally identify with you on the hormones & forgetfulness. Everything gets changed around and shaken up when a lady is pregnant, LOL. :)

    And I'm so thankful you're going to be home with Cooper; you'll never regret that decision! :)
    Love you,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete